While enjoying the drive through the Judean desert getting a view for the Good Samaritan Inn, the Mosaic Museum, you will have a short stop at sea level for a panoramic view and then continue towards Jericho. It is the oldest city in the world, in fact, according to the archaeologists, the first settlement dates back to 11,000 years ago. See Zacchaeus' Sycamore tree, the tree that was climbed by Zacchaeus, a tax collector for the Roman Empire thus dislikes from the Jewish, who wanted to see Jesus when he first entered the town.Proceed further for an overview of Mount of Temptation where it is said that Jesus was tempted by the devil. You will then visit Tel Jericho, the archaeological site where twenty-five ancient cities were uncovered, and that now is part of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Afterward, you will head to Bethlehem, Jesus' birthplace. Walk through Manger Square and visit the Church of Nativity, as well as the Church of Milk Grotto and Shepherds' Field Chapel.
Excursions & day trips
Bethlehem and Jericho day tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 24 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Visit the Church of Nativity
- Head towards Shepherds' Field Chapel
- Get a view from Mount of Temptation
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Lunch and beverages
- Cable car to Tel Jericho
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (age 2-12)
Grand Court Hotel, St George St 15, Jerusalem
Prima Hotel, HaYarkon St 105, 6343272, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Please meet your driver in front of the hotel.
What to remember
- You can also start the tour from Tel Aviv
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
- The tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
- Palestinian guides meet the tour group only after border crossing
- Border crossing to Bethlehem may include a short unaccompanied walking portion
- Change of vehicle is required upon entering Palestinian authority territory
- It is mandatory to carry passports throughout all the journey
- It is recommended a modest attire to visit the holy sites (short pants/skirts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed // head-covering is mandatory)
- Monday, Wednesday
- Start time from Jerusalem: 9.00am
- Start time from Tel Aviv: 7.30am
Holiday Travel (israel) LTD
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.