Bernina Express Train: day-trip to the Swiss Alps
- Milan to St Moritz aboard the Bernina Express
- Through the Bernina Pass and high into the Swiss Alps
- Enjoy the astounding views and engineering of the route
- Free time to explore the mountain paradise of St Moritz
The Bernina Express is Europe’s highest alpine railway and follows one of the world’s most spectacular routes up to 2,253 meters above sea level. It’s also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Your journey starts amid the palms of Tirano in northern Italy and takes you up the spiral Brusio viaduct and through the Bernina Pass into the Engadin Valley before arriving at St Moritz. Along the way, you'll pass wild gorges and icy glaciers, cross soaring bridges and shoot through loop tunnels. This north-south Alpine crossing offers breathtaking views and stunning scenery as you travel over boldly curved viaducts and through winding tunnels.
After the train journey, you’ll visit the exclusive resort of St Moritz and enjoy free time to explore before returning to Milan by air-conditioned coach.
- 7.00am: Departure from Milan, Zani Viaggi Agency / Milan Visitor Centre - Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani (MM1 Cairoli)
- 10.00am: Arrival at Tirano, free time to explore and have lunch. In the early afternoon, panoramic trip onboard the famous Bernina Express (journey time around 2 hrs)
- 3.00pm: Arrival at St Moritz, free time to explore the city
- 4.30pm: Departure to Milan
- Approximately 8.00pm: Arrival at Milan, Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani
- Bernina Express ticket (2nd class)
- Transport in air-conditioned coach
- Professional tour leader
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infant 0-3 years old: free of charge
- Children 4-11 years old: reduced fee
Zani Viaggi Agency - Milan Visitor Center: Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani (MM1 Cairoli). Return to the original departure point.
- Times subjected to organization and/or traffic problems
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- From April to October: Everyday at 7.00am
- Languages: English only (Tuesday, Friday), English and Spanish (Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday); English and Portuguese (Wednesday)
- From November to March: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 7.00am
- Language: English only (Tuesday, Thursday), English and Spanish (Saturday and Sunday)
Enjoy an exclusive tour in the heart of Milan with a guided visit of the La Scala Museum and Theatre...
Take a day trip from Milan to discover the beautiful town of Verona, the famous setting of Shakespea...
Venice really needs no introduction! The watery city, home to gondoliers in stripy jerseys singing i...
The Navigli canals are a magical place, where time seems to have stopped! Treat yourself to a guided...
The Milan Pass is a new exclusive opportunity for visitors: a 48-hour city card that offers the best...
Enjoy a memorable excursion through the spectacular landscapes of Swiss Alps on board the Bernina Ex...
The Duomo is one of the most important symbols of Milan. It is the third largest Catholic Cathedral ...
Como is one of the most picturesque cities of Italy, the ideal destination for tourists who want to ...
Have a short time in Milan? Skip the lines and enjoy the city’s top sites!This full-day walking tour...
Join this 2-hour guided experience with a monolingual tour guide and visit the famous Pinacoteca. Pr...