Priority entrance tickets for the Conciergerie
- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
- Enjoy direct access to the monument
- Visit the prison where Marie-Antoinette was imprisoned
- Discover a symbol of the French Revolution
The Conciergerie,is a former prison in Paris, France, located on the Île de la Cité . It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle.
The Kings of France abandoned the palace at the end of the 14th century to settle in the Louvre and in Vincennes. It then took on a judicial role, and part of the palace was converted into prison cells. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed on the guillotine at a number of locations around Paris. Its most famous prisoner was Marie-Antoinette and during the Restoration, a commemorative chapel was erected on the site of her cell.
From Royal Residence to Revolutionary prison, this splendid Gothic palace is now mostly used for law courts.
- Entrance ticket
- Temporary exhibition (if any)
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people (proof required)
1 Quai de l'Horloge, 75001 Paris, France
Present your ticket at the entrance of La Conciergerie located on Boulevard du Palais. Nearest metro stop: Cité (line 4). Open every day 9.30am - 6.00pm | Closed from 8 to 11 April 2019
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- Open ticket valid until 31 December 2021
- Free admission the first Sunday of the month from 1st November to 31st March
- The ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- Luggages and big items exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will not be accepted
Open every day
9.30am - 6.00pm
Closed from 8 to 11 April 2019
Exploring Paris’ murky past and hidden secrets with an expert, with the city bathed romantically in ...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
The best way to feel the essence of Paris is by strolling around with a local who tailors the experi...
A ticket to heaven! Go up to the 56th floor of the Montparnasse Tower and enjoy the best panoramic v...
Like all sumptuous and famous places, the Palais Garnier has its mysteries, myths and incredible sto...
Paris's beloved Notre-Dame cathedral has been one of the French capital's most famous landmarks sinc...
The company founded in Paris in December 1893 is today both an iconic monument of the capital, with ...
Profitez d'une visite guidée d'un des lieux les plus insolites de Paris, le Quartier des Célestins é...
What if you could meet more than 200 celebrities in one day? Want a tête à tête with Mbappé, Mozart ...
Below the streets of Paris lurks an entire secret history of the city’s dead. On this unique storyte...