Verona is a fascinating northern Italian city with a rich history, visible in its remarkable monuments of roman, medieval and renaissance origin. This food and wine walking tour will lead you to discover the city and its history through the classic dishes of veronese or “scaligera” tradition (from the noble family of the Scaliger who were Lords of Verona), starting from the classic aperitif, passing by a taste of risottos and fresh pasta, to arrive to the great classics of Veronese cuisine, such as the polenta, pastissada, pansfoglia or horse meat stew and the veronese style cod fish.
You will be in company of a special guide, a local foodie who will show you the best restaurants, tell you about their preparations and give you some information about the city and its history. You will be part of a small group so that your experience will be very pleasant and intimate!
You will taste some of the following specialties in our Verona Food Tour (according to products availability):
- Wine and shots: the traditional Venetian aperitif with crostini and local products, and a glass of local wine inone of the oldest veronese taverns
- Fresh handmade pasta - you'll taste the typical Veronese pasta in a modern and welcoming gastronomy that has become a point of reference for the Veronese.
- Verona style cod fish: a recipe appreciated throughout the province of Verona that is not missing on the tables of Verona, served on a crispy slice of pansfoglia. Alternatively, you can also taste another of the main dishes of the Veronese cuisine: the "sfilacci di cavallo", a special recipe with which you can enjoy horse meat. Two unique dishes!
- The risino: a dessert from veronese tradition based on rice, which you will hardly find outside the walls of fair Verona
- Ice cream: with flavors created with local and excellent ingredients, to finish the tour in the finest way