Amsterdam private food tour with the Pijp and Albert Cuyp market
- Enjoy delicious Dutch treats
- Discover the hippest neighborhood of Amsterdam
- Wander across the biggest market of Europe
- The tour is privately guided and can be adjusted to any diet
Fall in love with all the various delicious snacks and dishes Amsterdam has to offer. In a city that has been influenced by many different cultures and cuisines you can find a lot of things that fit your taste! This Withlocals Originals tour is bringing the most authentic local bites of the Dutchies into one tasty tour.
During this local food journey, you'll walk through the amazing Pijp area together with your private guide. This area is the most cosmopolitan and vibrant district of Amsterdam and almost no travelers know how to truly discover this region on their own. Luckily you have your local guide to show and tell you all there is.
In the Pijp there are hip cafes popping up next to the authentic local bars, creating an unique vibe of the old and new Amsterdam. Many family restaurants, that passed on from generation to generation, can still be found here. During the day there is the biggest market of Europe and you'll find beautiful parks, Dutch architecture and monuments along the route. The best location for Amsterdam's favourite food tour.
Walk past all the local vendors at the Albert Cuyp market, where you’ll always be greeted with a warm smile. Enjoy the famous “stroopwafel” along the way, freshly prepared for you by a true Amsterdammer. You will also taste the best fish of Amsterdam, or as the locals call it: a “vissie”. Something that everyone loves is the fried fish, but if you'd really like to go local you're invited to taste a real herring. Finally, what are the Dutch without cheese? A delicious cheese tasting is also included in your tour at the best beer café in Amsterdam.
Here is the plan:
- Meeting Point - Meet at Marie Heinekenplein
- Stop 1 - Visit the best fish vendor of Amsterdam for a piece of delicious fresh and fried fish or authentic "herring" if you want to go really local
- Stop 2 - Wander through the biggest daily outdoor market of Europe, where you're always greeted with a friendly smile by the local vendors. A great place to experience the real local life of the Amsterdammers, or where to buy authentic souvenirs
- Stop 3 - Enjoy a huge warm Stroopwafel - the sweet Dutch treat. You'll be wanting more of these after your first!
- Stop 4 - Take a short rest at a vibrant new collective cafe in the middle of the Pijp area. An initiative where the locals can come, order and pay as they feel. You'll feel completely energized thanks to the happy-go-easy attitude of the staff
- Stop 5 - Your private guide will take you for a walk around the Pijp area, the hippest district of Amsterdam
- Stop 6 - Enjoy delicious dishes at a Surinamese-Javanese family restaurant. You'll get to know all about the multicultural society in Amsterdam and how it influences the Dutch cuisine. All while enjoying some mouthwatering snacks
- Final Stop - It doesn't get more Dutch than this: have an authentic cheese platter at the best beer café in Amsterdam among the locals
- Private guide
- 5 tastings per guest
- Extra drinks
- Guest pick-up
Marie Heinekenplein 30-31, 1072 LK Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet your guide at Marie Heinekenplein, in front of the restaurant Barca.
- Please specify any dietary requirements at check-out
- This tour is a private tour, the price changes depending on the number of participants
- Available Monday-Saturday
- Please select a starting time at the time of booking
- Confirmation of guide's contact details will be sent after booking
Take advantage of a combination ticket including two of the most interesting attractions in Amsterda...
Take advantage of a special combination for Amsterdam that includes a 24-hour hop-on, hop-off bus ti...
Combine a visit to the Moco Museum with a leisurely cruise along Amsterdam’s canals with this ticket...
Experience Amsterdam from the water and see the best sights the city has to offer on a 75-minute can...
Discover the highlights of Amsterdam at your own pace. Create your own itinerary and admire the city...
There is no better way to experience Amsterdam than from the water. Well maybe... if you add a reall...