Rembrandt-Velázquez Dutch and Spanish Masters exhibition with Rijksmuseum entrance ticket
- Experience the special exhibition, Rembrandt-Velázquez Dutch and Spanish Masters
- See 60 paintings by some of the greatest 17th century artists
- Explore the similarities and differences between the paintings
- Save time for the art with your fast track ticket to the Rijksmuseum
- Get access to 80 galleries with works by Jan Steen and Frans Hals
- Come face to face with the museums most important piece, The Night Watch
Experience the special exhibition, Rembrandt-Velázquez Dutch and Spanish Masters on show from 11 October 2019 to 19 January 2020, presenting an outstanding selection of paintings by Dutch and Spanish Masters of the 17th century. As a result of a special partnership between the Rijksmuseum and the Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid, you can come face to face with some of the most famous paintings including the greatest pieces by Rembrandt, Velázquez, Murillo, Hals, Zurbarán and Vermeer.
In this exhibition, 60 paintings by Spanish and Dutch masters are on display beside each other where you can explore their common similarities and differences. Each pairing was curated with a specific theme which highlights religion, faith, wealth or love along with contrasting compositions of light and shadow.
Your entrance ticket also includes access to the Rijksmuseum, dedicated to Dutch art and history, this amazing museum tells the story of 800 years of art in a sequence of 80 galleries. See the work of Jan Steen, Frans Hals, Jacob van Ruisdael, Johannes Vermeer, Rembrandt and Rembrandt's pupils. Rembrandt’s painting The Night Watch is considered so important that the building renovation of 2013 was designed around it.
- Admission to the Rijksmuseum and Rembrandt-Velázquez Dutch and Spanish Masters exhibition
- NOTE: while the exhibition is included in the price of the entrance ticket, you must also select a time slot and the number of exhibition tickets you require with the entrance ticket at checkout
Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam
Enter the museum at any time during opening hours with your entrance ticket. Then use your second exhibition ticket to enter the gallery at your chosen time slot.
- IMPORTANT: At checkout you will need to book your entrance ticket AND the exhibition ticket
- While the exhibition ticket is included in the price of the admission ticket, you MUST also select the number of exhibition tickets you will need at checkout with a timed entry slot to recieve your second barcoded ticket with entrance to the exhibit
- NOTE: You will not be allowed to enter the Rembrandt-Velázquez Dutch and Spanish Masters exhibition without the second barcoded ticket specifically generated for a time slot
- Interior exhibition photos by: Olivier Middendorp
- Exhibition runs from 11 October 2019 to 19 January 2020
- Entrance to the exhibition is by pre-selected time slot from 9.00am to 3.30pm
- See calendar for exact available times
- NOTE: while the exhibition is included in the price of the entrance ticket, you must also select a time slot and the number of exhibition tickets you will need with the entrance ticket at checkout
- The Rijksmuseum is open daily 9.00am to 5.00pm
The most famous painter of the Dutch Golden Age by far is Rembrandt van Rijn. The painter lived and ...
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
Feel like a local on your bike and discover the countryside North of Amsterdam! An experienced, frie...
See all the highlights of Amsterdam then head out of the city to admire the spectacular Keukenhof fl...
During your free walking tour of Amsterdam, you'll cover the main sights of the inner city to experi...
Passing through the typical Dutch landscape you’ll drive in about one hour and a half to the Dutch V...