Travel along the infamous Verde valley towards the first stop at Montezuma Castle. This Native American monument is one of the most preserved in the United States. Walk through the grounds of this relic and learn about its history and construction by the Sinagua Tribe. Afterward, move onto to Tuzigoot which is also constructed by the Sinagua Tribe. Spend time walking around the grounds of the 40 room fortress. Later, head to the historic copper mining town of Jerome. Once in town, you can take in the amazing views of the Verde valley below. Also, you can walk around and see a town preserved to its original glory during the mining era in the 1920s. Lastly, the final stop will be the historic Arizona rail, The Verde Valley Railroad. There you will board the train and enjoy a glass of champagne and sandwich as well as a chicken wing bar. The train ride is very scenic with views of red rock and history shared by the narrator. You can also catch views of mines and Native American along the ride.
Day trips & excursions
Verde Canyon rail day adventure
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 12 hours
Do this because
- Travel along the infamous Verde valley
- See Native American monuments Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot
- Ride in a first class train on the historic Arizona Rail sipping champagne
What to expect
- 3.5-hour train ride (first class)
- Snack/lunch and champagne on the train ride
What's not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child age range 3-17
- Infant age range 1-3 (free)
Hotel pickup within the Phoenix/Scottsdale Valley area
What to remember
- There is a 2 person minimum to book this tour
- Cancellation policy is 100% refund 72 hours prior to departure
Wandering Heart Adventures
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.