Two days Meteora tour from Athens
- See for yourself the archaelogical site of Delphi and the Temple of Apollo
- Enjoy overnight 3- or 4-star hotel accommodation with dinner and breakfast included
- Admire two of the Meteora Byzantine Monasteries
- Marvel at the monument of King Leonidas of Sparta
Don't miss the chance to see the amazing cliff-top monasteries of Meteora! This two-day tour takes you across the scenic Plain of Thessaly to Kalambaka and one of the most important groups of Greek Orthodox monasteries in Greece.
You will depart through Thebes, Levadia and Arachova for Delphi. At about noon you'll arrive in this beautiful city, famous for its theater, Temple of Apollo and ancient ruins. Delphi was considered the centre of the earth and the universe, and played a central role in the classical Greek world. Pass by Castalia Spring and visit the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle, as well as the Museum of Delphi(optional), with it’s spectacular finds, including the unique bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx and the Statue of Antinoos.
After the lunch, your group departs through Central Greece to Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries. You will stay overnight in Kalambaka and leave in the morning.
You'll spend this day exploring Meteora, one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries, which are considered one of the country's most unique attractions. Get a guided tour of the cliff-top monasteries to visit two different Byzantine monasteries built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks.
You'll return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas king of Sparta in Thermopylae with a short photo-stop there. You'll arrive in the late afternoon, hopefully, with a new appreciation for beautiful Greece!
- Entrance fees
- Comfortable coach transportation
- Services of a professional licensed guide
- Breakfast and dinner
- 3- or 4-star hotel accommodation (H/B)
- Accommodation tax (to be paid on the spot)
- Entrance fee for Delphi museum (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Children ages 4-12: reduced price in a double room with an adult
- Children 0-3 years old: free
The lobby of your hotel in Athens.
- The tour visits Great Meteoro Monastery and St. Stefanos, except for Tuesday, when Great Meteoro is replaced by Varlaam monastery. The hotel accommodation is provided on an half board basis, which means that breakfast and dinner are included
- You can choose to stay in a single room or a double room
- Regular departures on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Please, check the availability on the calendar
Take a day cruise from Athens to the fabulous Greek islands of Hydra, Poros and Aegina for a relaxin...
One of the wonderful things about visiting Athens is that with a short drive there are many other be...
Take a small group tour of Delphi, a famous archaeological site, which is considered one of the nati...
For a day devoted to an in-depth discovery of the ancient city of Athens, this tour, with its qualif...
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...
Explore with this guided one full day trip from Athens to Argolis the remains of the ancient city of...
During your highlights of Athens morning stroll, you'll discover the best of the city with an expert...
For a wonderful, fully organized, night on the town in Athens, you can book this nighttime tour of t...
Perfect for a first visit to Athens, or very simply for a better feeling of the city for a morning h...