Montserrat Tour with Cogwheel Train
- Enjoy the spectacular view of the imposing mountain
- Reach the Monastery of Montserrat in a cogwheel train
The Montserrat Afternoon Tour with cogwheel train is a unique experience not to be missed if you plan on visiting Barcelona. This tour will last approximately 4 and a half hours.
Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus that will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). You will go up to Montserrat in a cogwheel train which will leave you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which makes the actual journey an interesting attraction. The trains are air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair friendly.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain which shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin.
The Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs of pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
- Air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual Official guide (English and Spanish)
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to Audiovisual 'Espai Audiovisual Montserrat'
- Cogwheel train
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (4-12 years): reduced
- For infants (0-3 years) the tour is free
Carrer de Balmes, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate so, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- Daily from 1 April - 31 October at 3.00pm / Check-in time: 2.45pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1 November - 31 March at 2.30pm / Check-in time: 2.15pm
Avoid the crowds with early access to Montserrat Monastery.This tour not only invites you to know th...
Start your full day trip from Barcelona on a comfortable bus with a guide on board. Visit one of the...
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudí...
Located within walking distance from the fountain of Montjuïc, Poble Espanyol is one of the most att...
Enjoy Ferrari Land for the first time in Europe! 70.000m2 of pure fun in a unique thematic park. Com...
The tour starts at Las Ramblas, Barcelona’s most famous boulevard, right in front of the Liceu Opera...
Experience two of Gaudí’s great artistic expressions with a local guide in the vibrant city of Barce...
The Barcelona Card Express lets you make the most out of your stay in the splendid Catalan city!For ...
Enjoy a walk through the history of one of the most beautiful towns on the Mediterranean coast. Acco...
The Picasso Museum and the surrounding Gothic and Ribera quarters in Barcelona are testimony to the ...