Berlin has been at the epicenter of the most catastrophic conflicts of modern times but the seeds of these hostilities were planted centuries before. This 3-hour tour of Germany’s capital city takes a broad view of the political and ideological forces that unleashed genocide and global war in the 20th century. Exploring Berlin’s iconic landmarks while emphasizing the tumultuous Nazi and Cold War eras, you will learn how in the 1700s tiny Prussia’s violent transformation into Europe’s dominant military power already set the stage for the great tragedies of recent history. At the same time, your guide helps you to consider present day Berlin’s successes confronting its dark past and renewing itself as a dynamic modern capital known for multiculturalism, tolerance and creativity.
Berlin capital of culture guided tour
Availability: See calendar
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Walk through the city with a historian as guide
- Learn more about 300 years of history
- See the main places of the Prussian era as well as the Nazi years and Cold War period
- Experience the contemporary revival atmosphere
What to expect
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Public transport ticket
Unter den Linden 42, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The tour starts at Café Einstein.
What to remember
- This tour requires a minimum of two people
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.