Potsdam guided city tour from Berlin
- Visit the German Versaille and its famous Sans-Souci Palace
- Learn more from your guide about the former residence of the German Emperors
- See all the main historic and modern attractions of the city
After meeting your guide at the Brandenburg Gate, you will hop on the train to Potsdam, about 45 minutes away from Berlin. Your first stop will be the Alter Markt (Old Market), where the Potsdam City Palace was rebuilt following its destruction in WWII.
After that, the tram takes you to the beautiful Havel river, from where you’ll have the perfect view of the Babelsberg Palace and the infamous Bridge of Spies, where spy swaps took place during the Cold War. Then, you’ll stroll through the stunning Neuer Garten (New Garden), finding yourself at the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage-listed Cecilienhof Palace. Your guide will tell you how the German Crown Prince lived there before the royal family abdicated at the end of WWI, and how in 1945, Stalin, Truman and Churchill decided the fate of post-war Europe at the famous Potsdam Conference.
After you've seen the English-style Neuer Garten and Cecilienhof, you’ll take a short bus ride into the town center, where you will visit Germany’s largest UNESCO World Heritage site, the French-style Park Sans-Souci, complete with the picture-perfect Sans-Souci Palace.
- Guided city tour
- Travel ticket for ABC zone
- Entrance fees to the visited attractions
- Flexible ticket: valid for 3 days before your chosen starting date, and then for up to 3 days afterwards
- Groups of 10+ Adults: reduced
- Students (with valid student ID): reduced
- Groups of 10+ students (with valid student ID): reduced
- Children ages (0-13): free
Pariser Platz 6A, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide in front of Starbucks at the Brandenburg Gate (S/U-Bahn station "Brandenburger Tor"). Look for the team in red with SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!
- ATTENTION: This tour involves a transfer by public transport – please acquire 2 ABC zone tickets per participant before the tour starts
- You will have a flexible guide. The tour may vary depending on the interests of your group
- This tour operates on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am
Tradition and innovation. Structure and freedom. Monochrome and vibrant colour. All can be utterly f...
First time in Berlin? This is the perfect tour for you! Visit all of Berlin’s most famous sights and...
Experience the surrealistic world of Salvador Dalí, let an experienced guide show you the artwork of...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
The Micro Era exhibition, presented at Kulturforum in Berlin, shows media art from multiple generati...