Red Berlin guided city tour
- Travel back in time to World War II and the Berlin Wall
- Learn more about East Germany's secret police network, the Stasi
- Discover how life was during the Cold War and behind the Iron Curtain
Berlin was the frontline of the Cold War. This tour explores people, places and secrets that kept two worlds on the brink of World War III and of the wall that separated them. Explore Berlin’s former Soviet sector, a Cold War battleground and the foundation of Communist East Berlin. Learn of life behind the Iron Curtain, and see how the German Democratic Republic and the Stasi, the largest spy network the world has ever seen, kept an entire population under observation. Trace the CIA & KGB spy stories at the US and former Soviet embassies.
This tour touches the most important subjects of this chapter of history:
- Stasi - East German secret police
- Life on the front line of the Cold War
- Escape stories and attempts
- Communism in the capital
- Observation and espionage
- Berlin Wall crossing points (the Palace of Tears)
- Embassies of four Cold
- War Powers
- Ghost stations
- Guided city tour
- Travel ticket for AB zone
- Entrance fees for the visited attractions
- Flexible ticket: valid for 3 days before your chosen starting date, and then for up to 3 days afterwards
- Groups of 10+ Adults: reduced
- Students (with valid student ID): reduced
- Groups of 10+ students (with valid student ID): reduced
- Children ages (0-13): free
Pariser Platz 6A, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide in front of Starbucks at the Brandenburg Gate (S/U-train station "Brandenburger Tor"). Look for the team in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts
- ATTENTION: This tour involves a transfer by public transport. Please acquire a ticket for the city center zone AB before the tour starts
- This tour operates Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 2:30pm
Tradition and innovation. Structure and freedom. Monochrome and vibrant colour. All can be utterly f...
First time in Berlin? This is the perfect tour for you! Visit all of Berlin’s most famous sights and...
Experience the surrealistic world of Salvador Dalí, let an experienced guide show you the artwork of...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
The Micro Era exhibition, presented at Kulturforum in Berlin, shows media art from multiple generati...