Café Wandering tour: An Excursion through Budapest’s Belle Epoque
Availability: Monday, Tuesday and Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Begin in the heart of the city at Vörösmarty tér (or Vorosmarty Square), with the 100-year-old, exquisite Café Gerbeaud, offering us an authentic insight into Imperial Budapest and its legendary traditional cakes.
- Stroll along the Danube to the Central Café, a dignified space that epitomizes the café culture, and enjoy your first traditional cake and coffee, while hearing tales of the Central’s famous artistic patrons.
- Experience the Museum Café, in operation since 1885, whose guest book has become a historical document showcasing the distinguished names of their prominent clientele.
- Walk to the Urania Café, which houses the oldest Film Theater in the city and is famous for lectures given by intellectuals before large audiences of Budapest cosmopolitans.
- See the elegant New York Café and discover for yourself why it is considered one of the most beautiful cafés in the world.
- Finish with traditional cakes and coffee at the Muvesz Café near the Opera House, where we may just catch a glimpse of the city’s celebrity actors on their rehearsal breaks from the nearby Budapest Broadway.
What to expect
- 3-hour guided walk
- Historian tour guide
What's not included
- Price of refreshments, cakes, and coffee
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience