On this unique walking tour, the food and beer connect with stories of the 1893 World’s Fair. With just intermittent walks outside, the 1893 World’s Fair tour is a great walking tour all year round. Explore hidden and little-known buildings from the time of the World’s Fair. While many people think that you have to go south of downtown to understand the history of the World’s Fair, its impact on the architecture and landscape of downtown Chicago is still visible today.
Main things you will see on the tour:
- Colorful mosaics in a hotel built for the 1893 World’s Fair
- The sweeping grand lobby of the Auditorium Building
- Ride one of the last elevators downtown with a human operator
- Delicious German food at the Berghoff Restaurant
- A secret alley building
- The opulent Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, once an exclusive men’s club