Dubai old town private arabian food tour
- Taste a real deal kebab at an authentic shawarma joint
- Indulge your sweet tooth and try the best pastries of the Arabian Peninsula
- Try our favourite falafel and learn about all the different varieties
- Do as the locals do and eat dinner on the floor and using your hands
Prepare to immerse yourself in real Arabian cuisine! This private tour will lead you to the Al Ragga, an area where a delightful mix of cultures all lives together in harmony. The first stop will be a shawarma restaurant for a kebab, the most popular fast food option in the city. Veggie options are available too.
If you want to buy some of the best dates, saffron, and nuts in the city, do it with a local to ensure that you get the best product for the very best price. Thankfully, we’re here to help you, as next up we will take you to a tiny shop that sells the juiciest dates — chocolate-coated if you so desire — and the freshest nuts in the city. Falafel is next on the menu and we think this next stop is the best Dubai has to offer. Learn all about the different types of falafel and how it is made as you scoff it down with fragrant tahini and some feisty fava beans. Taking a stroll deeper into the old town we will discover more about the city and its origins before stopping for a fresh fruit juice in a cool juice bar with a dizzying array of fresh fruit virgin cocktails to choose from. A great way to cool off on a hot day!
Next, you will fully immerse yourselve in local customs and eat with locals at a popular mandi restaurant. Mandi is a deliciously spiced chicken dish served with nuts, rice, and yoghurt. We will do as the locals do and sit on the floor and eat using our hands, although be sure to use only your right hand (you will learn what to do with your left hand…). Back on the streets we will seek out our dessert at a delightful pastry shop, and sample a mouth-watering smorgasbord of Arabic desserts: konafa, semolina, and dozens of different types of baklava.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples as per itinerary (shawarma, falafel, fava beans, tahini, mandi, Arabic pastries, fresh juice, and water)
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping (such as nuts and dates)
- Transportation to and from the meeting/end points
- Tips for your guide
Inside Union metro station, next to the Al Rostamani International Exchange office, near the exit to Al Maktoum Street. Both the red and green lines stop here. If you are taking a taxi, ensure you have extra time as traffic can be heavy in the afternoon.
- Note: This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Every day at 6.30pm
During your one-hour yacht ride in Dubai, you'll explore the city's astounding azure coastline. Your...
This tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel in Dubai and will drive towards the destination for ...
Boarding a Dubai Ferry is one of the best ways to view the city’s historical sites and striking coas...
Visit the best sights of Dubai with this hop-on-hop-off bus tour: you'll be able to visit everything...
Your first stop will be at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, one of the largest and most beautiful Mosq...
Everybody who visits Dubai knows the Burj Khalifa quite well, being the world's tallest tower with i...