Experience the most awarded Desert Safari in Dubai. Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was in the 1950s on an adventure in the Dubai desert with a professional conservation guide. Unlike any other Dubai desert safari, you will go on a fascinating wildlife drive in a 1950’s vintage Land Rover. As the first motorised vehicles used in the Dubai desert, these Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers have become symbolic of Dubai’s heritage and ventures to unexplored territories. Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf). Spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx and stop at a Ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the most spectacular photo opportunities in the desert. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in the desert in harmony with the desert animals and vegetation. Witness a spectacular falcon show led by a professional falconer and watch these magnificent birds flying. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Watch the Arabian sun setting over the sand dunes. Afterwards, you will arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Discover the rich culture and traditions of Dubai’s heritage with live demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread making, henna painting, camel rides and traditional performances. Enjoy a 4-course dinner under the stars and relax in the Arabic Majilis area, where you can try some shisha. History comes to life in this once-in-a-lifetime Desert Safari in Dubai!
Excursions & day trips
Heritage desert safari from Dubai
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert
- Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle
- Children from 5 to 11 years old
Pick-up from your hotel in Dubai.
After booking you will receive the partner's contacts to confirm the pick-up time and location.
What to remember
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, it isrecommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) it is recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset
- Vegetarian and vegan meal options are available, if needed please request them after booking
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp
- The desert safari is conducted by highly trained conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai. A portion of the desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai
- Please be advised that in some cases henna application can cause skin irritation and rashes. We strongly advise you to check all side effects prior to application
- You will be picked up from Dubai hotels between 2.30pm and 4.30pm
- Please contact the partner after booking in order to confirm your pick-up times
- The return to the hotel will be between 9.30pm and 11.30pm (depending on the season/sunset)
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.