A courtly invitation: discover Palazzo Pitti, the royal residence of the Medici family
- Enjoy skip-the-line access for a fully guided tour of the Palatine Gallery
- Explore the staterooms of the palace, including the Planetary Rooms
- Private collection of paintings with masterpieces by Raphael, Titian, Rubens
- A tour which recreates the cultural climate at court during the reign of Medici
Welcome to Palazzo Pitti! Choose to have a courtly experience with this group tour and discover the real Florence represented by the pomp and art of the Palatine Gallery. Don't worry about tickets, just follow us on a guided tour to discover countless masterpieces, such as the Portrait of Agnolo Doni by Raphael, the Adoration of the Magi by Pontormo and the bust of Cosimo I by Baccio Bandinelli.
The works of Rosso Fiorentino, Tiziano, Paolo Veronese, Rubens, Vasari, Perugino, Van Dyck and Justus Suttermans alternate in large frescoed rooms decorated with stucco by the expert and knowledgeable hand of Pietro da Cortona.
Palazzo Pitti was built by a famous Renaissance family of bankers and was later bought by the first Grand Duchess of the Medici as a ducal residence. It was expanded over the centuries to become an increasingly royal complex. A building that has seen renowned visitors, luminaries of culture and science, important politicians and statesmen and famous artists from all over the world, some of whom are depicted today in the Palatine Gallery and the Boboli Gardens.
During Florence's prime years as the capital of Italy, Palazzo Pitti was also the residence of the royal family of Savoy. It is no coincidence that, when we enter, we feel the sensation of being invited to one of the most important European courts.
Two hours in length, this is a guided tour also suitable for families with children (who will be likewise impressed by the lavish, colorful environments).
- Guided tour
- Pre-booking fee
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Ticket and earphones for groups with more than 15 participants
- Children up to 5 years of age: free
Piazza de' Pitti 1, 50125 Florence FI
In front of the ticket office of Palazzo Pitti, 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Florence and Tuscany Tour is not responsible for any entry delays due to the museum’s mandatory security checks
November - March:
- English on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 4.00pm
- Italian on Sunday at 10.00am
- Not available on the first Sunday of the month
Don't miss the opportunity to visit the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries, two of Italy's most importan...
The first-ever, original and most popular cooking class in Florence! Meet a famous and charismatic c...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Learn how to make pasta like an Italian in the heart of Florence!During this unique experience, you ...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...