Best of Florence: walking tour in small group with skip-the-line tickets to David and the Duomo
- Skip the line into the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo's David
- Learn more about Florence's world-famous Duomo (from the outside) and the Gates of Paradise
- See the Piazza della Repubblica and the famous Ponte Vecchio
- Learn Florence's history with an expert, English-speaking local guide
Florence is packed full of world-famous sites and this Best of Florence Tour is designed to let you see them all (and learn the stories behind them) in a single morning.
We’ll start by skipping the line at the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David, as well as his partially-finished Slaves; for a unique insight into how he turned jagged rock into the beautiful, lifelike figures of his sculptures. You’ll also hear stories of Leonardo Da Vinci and the powerful Medici family whose patronage made Florence one of the hot beds of the Renaissance art world.
Next you’ll head to another stone structure that changed world history - Florence Duomo. As you admire the Dome from outside you’ll hear the story of how its architect Brunelleschi recovered lost knowledge and expanded the realm of what was deemed humanly possible all in his pursuit of building it.
After the Duomo you’ll take to the streets to see some of Florence’s iconic landmarks including the titanic Palazzo Vecchio, the statues of the Orsanmichele church, the Pizza della Repubblica and Piazza della Signoria, the Porcellino pig (rub his nose for good luck!) and of course, Italy’s most picturesque bridge, the Ponte Vecchio.
As you walk the sites will come to life with the stories told by your expert, English speaking guide. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have plenty of time to ask questions and learn about the incredible history of this unforgettable city from the ground up.
- Michelangelo’s David and Slaves in the Accademia
- Ponte Vecchio
- Baptistery Doors and Gates of Pradise
- Piazza della Signoria
- Palazzo Vecchio (from outside)
- Orsanmichele Church (from outside)
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Guided Florence walking tour
- Skip the line tickets to Florence Accademia (David)
- Small groups of max 15
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza San Marco, 50121 Firenze FI
Meeting Point: In Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square.
Meeting Point Directions: this is a centrally-located square adjacent to Via degli Arazzieri and Via Giorgio la Pira, about 1/3 mile north of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- 8.15am (January & February)
- 8.30am (May to October)
- 1.45pm (March to October)
Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
Enjoy the guided visit to the most important building in the heart of Florence’s historic center: th...
Have you ever wondered why Florence was the birthplace of the Renaissance? An excellent and complete...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
Join a walking tour of Florence to admire and explore the main sights of the city. Then visit one of...
Discover Florence from a new point of view. Stroll around the alleys of the historic center as your ...
Explore some of the most famous sites of Florence’s ancient culture while learning about the mysteri...
This tour will take you to enjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tus...
The tour begins with the discovery of the historic city center with the visit to the scenic square a...
Grotta Giusti, the largest thermal cave in Europe, is an ancient, perfectly preserved and charming g...
Prendi parte a un originale percorso per il centro storico di Firenze, pensato per i più piccoli. Il...