Full day tour in Assisi, Cortona and Passignano sul Trasimeno
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
This full-day tour includes the home of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and ecology, and Cortona perched high on a hill enclosed in stone walls. You will be escorted through the scenic hills of Umbria and Tuscany where you will be introduced to the historic architecture and timeless art in Assisi and Cortona.
Assisi dates back to Etruscan and Roman times and is perched on the slopes of Mount Subasio, offering incredible views over picturesque valleys. You will wend your way through the narrow streets while being regaled with the fascinating history of the area. Every year on October 4th the celebration of St Frances is held, his humble way of life has made him Italy’s most loved saint. You will pay a special visit to the Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi where you will view Giotto’s frescoes documenting the life of the beloved saint. From there we will celebrate Saint Claire of Assisi, one of Francis’ followers, at the Basilica of Santa Chiara. It is time now for a little free time to explore this famous pilgrimage site, after which we will continue on to the birthplace of the Franciscan Order, the massive Santa Maria degli Angeli Church, the 7th largest Christian church.
We will stop for a photo opportunity in Passignano Sul Trasimeno and then onwards to the final stage of the tour, Cortona. Surrounded by stone walls, and built by the Etruscans, the town was used for filming the famous movie “Under the Tuscan Sky”. The views over the hills and valleys of this incredible area are sublime. Take lots of photos to capture these memories.
- Entrance fees
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced
Piazzale Montelungo, Florence FI, Italy
Bus Terminal at Piazzale Montelungo, next to Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Look for the assistance staff wearing a fuchsia jacket with the logo Ciao Florence.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Monday and Thursday
- The tour starts at 8.00am
Experience Florence in a way that you'll never forget! Taste the best products from every corner of ...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year (on 2nd July and 16th August) in Piazza del Campo...
The tour starts with an introduction to the square and its religious buildings.Then you will visit t...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...
Easy, pleasant, joyful: it’s the perfect tour for families, small group or individuals enthusiast fo...