The grape escape winery tour from Florence
- Learn how to sip and smell wine from a professional
- Taste 9 different types of wines
- Enjoy extra virgin olive oil, balsamic and Tuscan snacks
- Explore San Gimignano
Join a fun day trip to the Chianti countryside to meet other travelers of the same age and to discover why the area is famous for its scenery as well as its wine. Visit Tuscany with 2 wineries, 7 different types of wine to taste, 3 extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegar, Tuscan snacks, amazing scenery and the visit to San Gimignano all in one day!
The first stop will be at a winery and Tuscany wine tasting school located an hour outside of Florence where you will taste 4 different types of wines including the famous Chianti Classico, Brunello of Montalcino, Super Tuscan wines, a 30 year-old balsamic vinegar and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil. Here you will learn how to recognize the different flavours and develop your taste buds with a passionate wine producer.
Next visit a local winery in a stunning area well known for the production of the D.O.C.G. Vernaccia white wine facing the famous towers of San Gimignano. The winemakers will guide you through the vineyards and the cellars and they will share the secrets of the wine and oil production as well as the best wine and food combinations with you. At the winery you will enjoy 3 wines; the famous Vernaccia white wine, a rosé wine and a Chianti colli senesi D.O.C.G.
In the afternoon you will be free to visit and spend time wandering through the narrow streets shopping in the local stores of the most beautiful medieval town of Tuscany, San Gimignano and check out the tower filled skyline while eating the ice cream from a world-champion gelateria.
- English-speaking tour guide
- 2 wineries with tastings and snacks
- 1.5hr visit of San Gimignano
- Youth (18-21): reduced
Via Nazionale, 149, 50129 Firenze FI
Meet your guide in front of the Italy on a budget offices on Via Nazionale 149R, opposite hotel Galileo.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 50
- Minimum age limit of 18
- This experience is created for travelers aged between 18 to 39
- Clientele generally includes college students, backpackers and solo travelers
- Tour is fast-paced, budget-minded and includes activities for travelers to meet and connect with other passengers
- Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach is not recommended
- Space available under tour bus/van for traveling bags
- Drop off in San Gimignano is available
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9.40am
Escape the hustle and bustle of Florence and experience the heart of Tuscany by visiting the enchant...
Learn the secrets and tricks of the most famous dishes of Florentine cuisine and taste the fruit of ...
Book a private lunch or dinner in the heart of Florence, attend the show cooking and discover the fl...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Learn how to make pasta like an Italian in the heart of Florence!During this unique experience, you ...