Tour of Florence along the path of the Medici residences and the Vasari Corridor
- Discover the history of the family who put its power at the service of patronage and art
- Admire the palaces and monuments where the members of the Medici family lived
- See the Palazzo Pitti, Palazzo Vecchio, Palazzo Medici Riccardi and the Medici Chapels
- Follow the entire path of the Vasari Corridor from the outside
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile, crossing through the UNESCO World Heritage area: a mile with the highest concentration in the world of wonderful monuments and open-air works of art! Led by a professional local guide, you'll discover the most important sights of the city, retracing the fascinating history of the Medici dynasty who put its power and wealth at the service of the patronage and art, setting the foundations of Renaissance.
You'll learn the stories and anecdotes of intrigues, power struggles, secrets and betrayals, but also tales of incredible foresight which made it possible to leave the city a priceless artistic and cultural heritage site. You'll be able to admire the palaces, monuments, streets and squares where the members of the Medici family lived and used their political and economic power over the city. You'll walk along the same narrow streets where they walked, touch the stones used to build their residences and see the same monuments they used to see every day: Palazzo Medici Riccardi, their first residence in San Lorenzo district, where you can find as well their church and mausoleum, the Medici Chapels.
In just a few steps away, you'll reach their second residence, the magnificent cathedral with its imposing Brunelleschi’s Dome and the stunning Palazzo Vecchio, which dominates the marvelous Piazza della Signoria. Further on, you'll follow the outside path of the Vasari Corridor, the spectacular elevated passageway which connects the two banks of the river Arno. You'll pass along the enchanting Ponte Vecchio, crossing houses and the Santa Felicita Church: a secret and comfortable corridor used by the Medici Grand Dukes of Tuscany to move between their third residence, the Palazzo Pitti, to their offices located inside the Palazzo Vecchio, without being seen by the citizens.
The majestic Pitti Palace, which hides the marvelous Boboli Gardens, is the last Florentine residence of the Medici and the last stage of your incredible journey into the art and history of a city unique in the world!
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance at the meeting point
- 2-hour guided visit
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants
- Meals or beverage
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Museums or monuments admissions
- Children 0-6 years old: free of charge
- Children 7-12 years old: reduced fee
Piazza San Lorenzo, 50123 Florence
Piazza San Lorenzo (San Lorenzo Square), at the Statue located in the center of the square. Your Caf Tour Assistant will wait for you wearing blue clothing with Caf Tour & Gray Line Florence logos.
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- From April to October: every day at 9.30am
- From November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 9.30am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departure
- From November to March: English (min 2 people); Spanish, French, German, Italian (min 4 people)
- From April to October: every day English and Spanish (min 2 people); French, German, Italian (min 4 people)
- From April to October: on Saturday and Sunday Portuguese (min 2 people)
Don't miss the opportunity to visit the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries, two of Italy's most importan...
The first-ever, original and most popular cooking class in Florence! Meet a famous and charismatic c...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Learn how to make pasta like an Italian in the heart of Florence!During this unique experience, you ...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...