Sacromonte abbey guided tour in Granada
- Discover original sculptures, paintings and etchings from the masters of the Spanish Baroque
- Feel on cloud 9 with a bird's-eye view of the sights
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Surround each work with your small group - experience the art together
Discover the Sacromonte Abbey; the birthplace of Christianity in Granada. Find out about the history and architecture of the abbey with an expert English speaking guide.
At the chosen time you'll meet outside the abbey (known in Spanish as the Abadía del Sacromonte) and you'll then start an hour-long guided tour around this impressive monument.
Often overlooked by tourists, this Sacromonte Abbey is one of the most important religious buildings in Granada. In fact, the relics of martyr Saint Caecilius of Elvira were found here.
You'll also visit the Sacred Caves; the most important part of the abbey. Your guide will explain to you why they are so significant as you feel the spiritually and tranquillity of the caves.
After discovering the secrets and beauty of the abbey, the guided tour will come to an end.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Temporary exhibition
- Permanent exhibition
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks
- Roundtrip transportation
- Audio guide
Abadía del Sacromonte, Camino del Sacromonte, Granada, Spain
You can access with your own vehicle as it has free parking, by taxi or by bus. You can take the bus from Plaza Nueva, it is the C34 and you have to get off at the last stop.
- From Monday to Friday in Spanish: 10.30am - 11.00am - 11.30am - 12.30pm - 1.00pm - 1.30pm - 3.30pm - 4.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.00pm
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays in Spanish: 10.30am - 11.00am - 11.30am - 12.30pm - 1.00pm - 1.30pm - 3.30pm - 4.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- From Monday to Friday in English: 12.00pm - 2.00pm - 5.30pm
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 12.0pm - 2.00pm
Due to the long rule of the Moors Granada has maintained a strong tie with Middle Eastern culture. D...
The moon casts mysterious shadows through the palaces of the Alhambra, bringing the magic and the ex...
This excursion not only has interesting cultural elements to offer, but is also recommended to those...
No picture or book can prepare you for the actual experience of walking around the stunning Islamic ...
Explore the 600-year-old Alhambra complex on a 3-hour tour led by an expert local guide who will lea...
With this tour you will visit the muslim neighborhood of Albayzín and the gypsy neighborhood of Sacr...