Mount Field National Park, Salmon Ponds and Bonorong day tour
- Explore the scenic beauty of Tasmania's best National Park
- Get up close and personal with kangaroos and Tasmanian devils at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Learn about Tasmania's fishing heritage and history
Explore Mount Field National Park and its stunning vistas, great walks and abundant wildlife. Russell Falls is the star attraction as it perfectly encapsulates Tasmania and along the way, you'll come across a wide range of local wildlife in the park and have plenty of photo opportunities.
Then, it's onto the Salmon Ponds which interestingly enough house trout and not salmon. Here, you'll learn all about the changes in trout fishing over the years and discover some of the people, places and events that make Tasmania's rich angling history.
Your last stop will be at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary which is a great place to experience a little bit of nature and local wildlife. You can get up close and personal with kangaroos while feeding them, pat wombats and koalas and watch the Tasmanian devil being fed. Bonorong is a sanctuary but they have a wide range of animals that are sure to scratch your wildlife itch.
- Bottled water
- Luxury coach travel
- Tour pick-up and drop-off
- Guaranteed return to your cruise ship before departure
- Local coach driver
- Expert guide onboard
- Lunch or snacks onboard
- Infants (0-5 years old): Free
- Children (5-12 years old): Reduced
1 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
You can meet your guide inside the MAC 2 Cruise Terminal in Hobart Port. They will be waiting for you at the entrance with the tour sign 30 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart. Or if you make your way outside beforehand, please meet your tour at the Hotel Grand Chancellor bus stop 5 minutes before the tour is due to depart.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Those with heart problems or other serious medical conditions cannot participate in this tour
- There is a 2 passenger minimum that must be met in order for this tour to go ahead
- This tour has a maximum of 45 participants
- There will be a stop for lunch at one of the destinations
- This tour departs at 9.00am
- This availability of this tour varies weekly, please refer to the calendar
Discover Tasmania’s convict past on a small-group day trip from Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula and t...
This day trip is a nature lover’s dream! You'll begin the day by summiting Mt. Wellington before enj...
If you want to see the very best of Tasmania, this tour is for you. You'll kick your day off with a ...
The first stop of the day will be at Port Arthur where you'll learn about its long history of hardsh...
Kick off your day tour by checking out Salamanca Place, an area of great historical importance in Ho...
The Sydney attraction combo pass allows you to access the most famous attractions in Sydney. You may...