Port Arthur historic site and Tessellated Pavement day tour
- Learn about Tasmania's convict history
- Take the harbor cruise out around Deadman's Island and hear about its history
- Enjoy a fully guided walk around Port Arthur
The first stop of the day will be at Port Arthur where you'll learn about its long history of hardship and punishment. Today, it's one of Australia's most important heritage destinations where the story of Australia's colonial history is written in brick and stone. You'll get the chance to read and learn about the people who passed through this place, walk where their stories unfolded and learn about Port Arthur's evolution from a feared convict settled to a World Heritage-listed Historic Site.
Then, it's time to move onto the Tessellated Pavement which is really something quite unique. It's the strand that connects the Tasman Peninsula to the rest of Tasmania and it's covered in a pattern of regular rectangular saltwater pools - they may look manmade but they're actually a rare type of natural erosion. It is a phenomenon that you can only see in a few places around the world. It's definitely worth seeing and a fascinating part of history!
- Bottled water
- Luxury coach travel
- Tour pick-up and drop-off
- Guaranteed return to your cruise ship before departure
- Local coach driver
- Expert guide onboard
- Lunch or snacks onboard
- Infants (0-5 years old): Free
- Children (5-12 years old): Reduced
1 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
You can meet your guide inside the MAC 2 Cruise Terminal in Hobart Port. They will be waiting for you at the entrance with the tour sign 30 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart. Or if you make your way outside beforehand, please meet your tour at the Hotel Grand Chancellor bus stop 5 minutes before the tour is due to depart.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Those with heart problems or other serious medical conditions cannot participate in this tour
- There is a 2 passenger minimum that must be met in order for this tour to go ahead
- This tour has a maximum of 90 participants
- There will be a stop for lunch at one of the destinations
- This tour departs at 9.00am
- This availability of this tour varies week to week, please refer to the calendar
Discover Tasmania’s convict past on a small-group day trip from Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula and t...
This day trip is a nature lover’s dream! You'll begin the day by summiting Mt. Wellington before enj...
If you want to see the very best of Tasmania, this tour is for you. You'll kick your day off with a ...
Explore Mount Field National Park and its stunning vistas, great walks and abundant wildlife. Russel...
Kick off your day tour by checking out Salamanca Place, an area of great historical importance in Ho...
The Sydney attraction combo pass allows you to access the most famous attractions in Sydney. You may...