Walking Tour: Food with Altitude
- Be pleasantly surprised by Bolivia’s delicious food scene
- Try a wide range of food from markets, local restaurants, and even fresh produce from nearby Lake Titicaca
- Visit a Bolivian Chocolate Factory and discover and kinds of chocolate flavours
- Take in a panoramic view of La Paz as the sun goes down
This tour of La Paz puts Bolivian food in the spotlight. Taste fresh organic fruits, fish dishes right from Lake Titicaca, tasty snacks you’ve never heard of, and even make a stop at a Bolivian Chocolate Factory!
We’ll begin our La Paz food tour at Plaza Murillo, where you’ll meet your guide and head off to a local restaurant to dive right into some Bolivian cuisine. From here, it's onto Camacho Market, where you can select from all kinds of colourful, organic fruits to create your own combination of sweet and tangy treats. Next stop is at the Bolivian chocolate factory where we’ll sample all kinds of different types of chocolate from Bolivia and learn about its production.
As we continue to tour La Paz, we’ll jump on some public transport and head towards a restaurant that serves fresh fish from nearby Lake Titicaca, as well as famous potato stew. Next, we’ll walk off some of those calories by making our way back to downtown, passing through a few marketplaces along the way. For those of you who aren’t already stuffed, there will be plenty of opportunity to nibble on some local snacks and drinks.
Before your La Paz tour comes to a close, we’ll make one last stop to taste Bolivia’s famous ‘sultana tea’, made from sundried, lightly-toasted cherries mixed with cinnamon sticks. Finally, we’ll finish up the tour in the best way possible – by watching the sunset over La Paz from a gorgeous scenic viewpoint overlooking the city.
- Local English speaking guide
- All food described in the itinerary
- All other food or drink other than what’s specified in the itinerary
- Local transport fees
- Tip / gratuities for your guide
- No reduction for children
- Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
Plaza Murillo main square in front of the giant stone book statue.
- Dress standard: it is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress in layers, and bring a fleece for the cool evening hours. The weather is always unpredictable in La Paz, so bring a small umbrella or poncho in case of rain.
Starting time: 2.00 PM.
Enjoy the Tiber River Cruise with a Wine Bar on the boat. Have an unforgettable evening, experiencin...
Journey through La Paz with a local to discover all the stories that make up this magical Bolivian c...
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Modern Rome, the capital of Italy, has been said to have one foot in the past and one in the present...
Make your way Vineyarts cozy art studio on an afternoon in Rome, where you will be welcomed by a han...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...