Walking Tour of La Paz: To 3,600 Metres, and Beyond
- Discover the incredible city of La Paz with a local
- Wander through the fascinating Witches Market and learn all about Bolivian myths and legends
- Take in the outstanding view over La Paz from a scenic viewpoint above the city
- Visit local La Paz food markets and learn about Bolivian cuisine
Journey through La Paz with a local to discover all the stories that make up this magical Bolivian city, from the inmates of San Pedro Prison, to the mysterious tales of The Witches Market, and the locals that live and work in highest capital city on Earth.
Your La Paz adventure will start in the very heart of this incredible city, at Plaza Murillo. Here, you will get plenty of insights from your local guide and make a stop to try a traditional, tasty mid-morning Bolivian snack. Next, it's towards San Pedro Prison, an infamous La Paz landmark that is best seen from a local’s perspective.
Then, you'll head to a local fruit market to taste freshly-picked organic fruit, sourced from every corner of Bolivia. Taste mouth-watering, flavourful fruit from the Bolivian Amazon rainforest, and try to guess their names! Your tour will then continue with a journey up into the outer heights of La Paz. We’ll reach a spectacular scenic viewpoint, where you can see across the city of La Paz from above.
After some other equally thrilling experiences like a journey down to the Witches Market, where you will have your fortune told by a Shaman, and a stop at another local market, you’ll arrive back at Plaza Murillo, hopefully, with a new appreciation for the highest national capital in the world!
- Tour as per description
- Local English speaking guide
- Traditional mid-morning snack
- Local transport fees
- Any drinks
- Coca leaf fortune telling at The Witches Market
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- No reduction for children
- Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
Plaza Murillo main square, in front of the giant stone book statue.
Dress standard: we recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress in layers, such as a fleece for cooler hours. The weather is always unpredictable in La Paz, so bring a small umbrella or poncho in case of rain.
The tour operates daily.
Starting time: 9.00 AM.
- Highlights tour In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and new...
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
This tour of La Paz puts Bolivian food in the spotlight. Taste fresh organic fruits, fish dishes rig...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Make the most of trip in Paris with this combo offer including an audioguided tour of the Eiffel Tow...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...