Head to the Hoover Dam for a quick view of the Colorado River and photo opportunity. Next, you are off to Eldorado Canyon to explore the Techatticup Mine. The expert guides will fill you in on the history of the mine and Eldorado Canyon in their "General Store." The mine entrance is a short walk away and there you are transported back in time when mining was a way of life for Southern Nevada. The tour inside the mine is approximately an hour. Then enjoy time to shop and take pictures of the area, which has also been used for a number of movies! Before heading back to Las Vegas, you will down to the Nelson Overlook for a view of the Colorado River flowing through Eldorado Canyon.
Day trips & excursions
Eldorado Canyon and Techatticup Mine half day tour from Las Vegas
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 5 hours 30 minutes
Do this because
- Go on an interior tour of the Techatticup Mine
- Take awesome photos at the photo stop of the Colorado River at Nelson Overlook
- See the beautiful Hoover Dam and capture memories at the photo stop
What to expect
Pick up at most hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. DETOURS will contact you between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening before to let you know your exact pickup time.
What to remember
- Temperatures inside the Eldorado Canyon Mine can vary. It is recommended to bring jackets in the event of changing weather patterns
- Camera, sunscreen, snacks, and government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Guests must provide child safety seats for children under 6 years and under 60 lbs (NV law). DETOURS can provide child seats for a 10 USD fee
- Operates daily
- Departure Time: Between 6.30am and 7.30am
- Return Time: Between 11.00am and 12.00pm
DETOURS American West
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.