Valley of Fire guided hiking tours from Las Vegas
- Take an easy, moderate, or difficult level hike with a personal guide
- See the unique and stunning red rock formations at Valley of Fire State Park
- Learn about the American Indian tribes that have lived at the park
To start the tour off, travel by jeep or van 55 miles (89 km) to Valley of Fire State Park passing Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Nellis Air Force Base. Valley of Fire State Park is the oldest state park in Nevada. You have the choice to stop at Moapa River Indian Reservation for some duty-free shopping. From the entrance to the park, you'll catch a glimpse of Lake Mead, which is the largest man-made lake in the United States. After passing the entrance gates of Valley of Fire State Park, your guide will direct you to the trailhead for your hike (easy, moderate, or difficult). During your hike tour from 4, 5 or 6 hours, the guide will fill you in on geological forces like faulting and erosion. These forces created the unique red rock formations. Learn about the American Indian tribes that have lived there for thousands of years. There will be short breaks from time to time and take photos of the landscapes and recharge with snacks and water. After the hike, go on a short tour of the Valley of Fire State Park visitor center to learn more about the park before making the return trip back to your Las Vegas hotel.
Easy Hike: This hike is perfect for families and is suitable for all ages and fitness levels who can complete a 2-hour hike. An easy hike where you can see some of the many ancient petroglyphs at the state park.
Moderate Hike: This moderate hike takes you at a leisurely pace; a good level of fitness is required. See the red rock formations that are the park's namesake while you climb through boulders, crevasses, brush, peaks, and plateaus.
Difficult Hike: More intense then the shorter hikes, this option is recommended for avid hikers. You’ll explore more challenging terrain for stunning views!
- Complimentary transportation
- Easy, moderate, or difficult hike
- Love Hikes guide
- Healthy snacks
- Visitors center tour (if time permits)
Hotel pickup and drop-off at most Las Vegas area hotels but the customer may be asked to meet at a property different than their own.
- It is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking shoes and lip balm
- Bottled water is included in the tour package but it is recommended bringing your own hydration pack/Camelback if planning in advance for moderate or intense hikes where you may wish to have your hands free
- Love Hikes provides healthy snacks but those with allergies may wish to bring their own
- Additional snacks may be purchased by customers at the Moapa River Indian Reservation truck stop
- Additional items to consider include: all personal medications (there are bees during the spring and summer months along the trail so allergies should be considered), a day pack (limited number provided by the company), hand sanitizer, a camera, a bandana, athletic clothing for the time of year in a desert, and layered clothing when weather demands
- Closed toed shoes are recommended for all hikes
- Love Hikes recommends a minimum age of 8 for tours but we have had parents on Friendly tours with toddlers in tow
- Full adult price is charged for all customers. Carseats must be provided by the customer if taking children that require them
Summer season: 5.00am and 6.00am options during June, July, and August
Fall, Winter, and Spring season: 6.00am and 12.30pm options from September 1 through May 31
Your tour will begin with a photo opportunity of the Hoover Dam taken from the amazing O’Callaghan-T...
Hailed by Rolling Stone as “A virtual parade of ‘wow’ moments,” Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Sol...
If you love escaping the city, exploring natural wonders and doing some epic sightseeing, this tour ...
Looking to have an epic night out in Las Vegas? Join this Vegas nightclub crawl, and you’ll be treat...
Jump on the Las Vegas Monorail and connect to the glitz and glam that the city has to offer. From lu...
Your tour will start with a luxury limousine transfer from your Las Vegas hotel to the Grand Canyon ...