London Alternative Tour
- Discover the rebellious London that's still lives visiting the real east end
- Explore Shoreditch, Brick Lane, Whitechapel
- Visit the foundry that produced one of London's most iconic monument: The Big Ben
Away from the shiny sites that you find on souvenirs and postcards, join us in the London where street art represents the voice of the people, where gentrification battles the anti-establishment, and where London’s rebellious streak was born and still lives. This is the Real East End.
While other tours here just scratch the surface by skipping over the street art, we’ll put that street art into context, giving you an insight into what was happening in the world when it was created. Yet while the street art is the most visible aspect of this area, to really understand the East End you have to go further.
This 2.5-hour* walking tour covers:
- Old Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane markets
- The Shoreditch art scene
- Brick Lane
- The immigrant generations
- Cockney culture
- Gangsters and the criminal underworld
- Radical thinkers and social reformers
- The foundry that produced Big Ben and the Liberty Bell
- The battle of Cable Street... and much more!
- Walking guided tour
Liverpool St, London EC2M 7QH, UK
- The London Alternative Tour starts under the clock tower at Liverpool Street Station at Bishopgate West Exit. Just look for the team with the red SANDEMANs NEW Europe umbrella!
- The independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites and stories above and lasts this long, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group!
Wednesdays and Saturdays at 3:30pm
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Enjoy an intimate introduction to England's capital on a private 3-hour tour of London with a driver...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...
The Immersive Experience combines Jeff’s Musical Version, immersive theatre, virtual reality, augmen...
East London chicken wing crawl Explore the best of East London's chicken wing establishments! Join a...
Whether you just like The Beatles music or are an absolute super fan, this tour is for you. Join you...