Stonehenge admission ticket
- See Stonehenge, one of the world's most iconic prehistoric structures
- Explore the Visitors Center and learn the history behind the site
- Discover the mysteries which shroud these ancient stones
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating prehistoric sites as well as entry to the visitor center, which displays hundreds of prehistoric objects found in in the vicinity of Stonehenge. This stone-circle-shaped structure is a UNESCO World Heritage site dating back to the Neolithic era. It is believed to have been built around 2500 BC, though no one knows exactly for what, a mystery which attracts thousands of visitors each year. While the reason for which Stonehenge was built is still up for debate, historians and archaeologists have put forth a few theories and speculations which you can discover at the Visitor Center.
In addition, the new outdoor gallery showcases several reconstructed Neolithic houses designed to offer some insight into the Neolithic lifestyle of the individuals who constructed this masterpiece of engineering.
All photos by English Heritage
- Entry to Stonehenge (ticket has timed entry)
- Children (5-15 years)
- Senior Citizens (60+ years)
- Students (with valid student ID)
- Family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Stonehenge Visitor Center, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7DE
Please show your voucher at the main reception of the Stonehenge Visitor Center upon arrival to exchange your voucher for a ticket.
- Admission to Stonehenge is now managed through timed tickets so advance booking is strongly recommended as it's the only way to guarantee entry on the day and at the time of your choice
- Parking is available on site, and is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders
- Bus access: The Stonehenge Tour Bus is the public bus departing from Salisbury rail and bus stations
- Stonehenge is open everyday and last entry will be 2 hours prior to closing
- From 1 April to 31 May, Stonehenge is open 9.30am to 7.00pm
- From 1 June to 31 August, Stonehenge is open 9.00am to 8.00pm
- From 1 September to 16 October, Stonehenge is open 9.30am to 7.00pm
- From 17 October to 1 April, Stonehenge is open 9.30am to 5.00pm
- Closed on 25 December
- Opening times on 20 – 21 June are subject to change due to summer solstice
In this customizable full-day excursion from London, you have the freedom to explore each destinatio...
Windsor Castle, the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, is the home of Her Majesty Quee...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
Located within Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace is the official residence of the Duke and Duche...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience when you join our unique fully-guided tour at Warner Bros. ...
This guided small group tour from Oxford covers many of the main spots in the Cotswolds, while combi...
If you want to see the beautiful university city of Oxford in a fun and unique way, then this Cycle ...