Tower of London and private audience with a Beefeater
- Entrance to Tower of London and private tour with a Beefeater guard
- Early start time so you arrive before the crowds at the Tower of London
- Unlimited free time in the Tower of London after your tour to explore at leisure
- Small groups of 30 people or fewer
Experience the infamous Tower of London on this exciting tour with exclusive access to one of the sites’ famous Beefeater guards. Used as both a Palace and a prison, this landmark is most well-known as the home of the Crown Jewels and execution site of three Queens of England.
Your personalised experience begins in front of the main entrance to the Tower of London where you will meet a City Wonders representative for an inspiring introduction to the history of this attraction. You will then be led in to meet one of the Tower’s Yoeman Warders, more commonly known as Beefeaters. Dedicated only to your small group, this Beefeater will explain the story and traditions of this elite guard and will be available to take pictures and answer questions.
After the tour, you are free to stay in the Tower to explore its’ vast history. Visit the Tower Green to see the spot where Tudor King, Henry the VIII, beheaded Lady Jane Grey and two of his wives: Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard”.You can also explore the famous White Tower, a medieval keep, where the ‘Princes in the Tower’ were held and allegedly murdered by their Uncle Richard III so he could usurp the English throne.
Because our tour begins early in the morning, you will have the opportunity to be among the first visitors to the Jewel House to see the spectacular Crown Jewels, which have been held here for the last 600 years. These are the official regalia and vestments used by the Sovereign of the United Kingdom during coronation ceremonies and other noble appearances. This priceless collection includes magnificent orbs, swords, rings, crowns and sceptres.
- Entrance tickets to the Tower of London
- Tour of the Tower with a Beefeater assigned to your small group
- Small groups of 30 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 4 and under): free
- Child: 5-14 years old
1 Tower Hill Terrace, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4EE, UK
Meeting Point: Directly in front of the Ticket Office at Tower of London, look for City Wonders representative holding a City Wonders sign. The ticket office is located just opposite the main entrance to the Tower. Arriving by tube: Get off Tower Hill-Station (Circle and District lines). Turn right towards Trinity Square. You should clearly be able to see the tower when you exit the tube station. It is a short walk (approx. 3 minutes).
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- London's tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
- We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
- Please note that from 1/04/2020 the duration of this tour will be 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 08.45am
- Sunday and Monday: 09.45am
- Please note that from 1/04/2020, the duration of this tour will be 1 hour and 15 minutes
Join King Henry VIII at his royal banquet and be part of 1,000 years’ history at London’s extraordin...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...
On this interactive discovery experience across London's Hackney and Shoreditch, you will solve ridd...
On this interactive discovery experience across London's Barbican, you will solve riddles via a web ...
East London chicken wing crawl Explore the best of East London's chicken wing establishments! Join a...
Whether you just like The Beatles music or are an absolute super fan, this tour is for you. Join you...