WWII Secrets of Westminster, Churchill's War Rooms & Museum Walking Tour
- Discover Churchill's war rooms, left untouched since 1945
No other London tour offers a journey into the Churchill War Museum along with a guided tour of the war rooms, left untouched since 1945. These are the original wartime bunkers that offered shelter to Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his government during World War II. Take this opportunity for a captivating look at London life during the war in the company of a Blue Badge professional guide. Your tour will begin in the streets of Westminster, where you will admire such iconic London sites as 10 Downing Street, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. The last leg of your tour is to the Cenotaph, originally constructed as a memorial to the First World War, now the national monument to all fallen British soldiers. You'll also encounter the statue of Sir Winston Churchill and the monument to women in World War II. Your guide will offer insight into how the people of London endured wartime. In Churchill's Cabinet War Rooms – the nerve center of wartime strategy and planning in WWII – you will encounter an underground complex of rooms that once quivered with heavy shelling as well as around-the-clock strategies and secrets that cracked the enemy's communications and mapped the army's movements. Your guide will leave you at the Churchill Museum as you continue your visit, listening in on the top-secret conversations between Churchill and President Roosevelt in the Transatlantic Telephone Room.
Unfortunately, this tour can not accommodate guests in wheelchairs or with any disability requiring special assistance.
- Expert, english-speaking tour guides
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for the Churchill War Rooms
- Headsets appropriate as when, so you can always hear your guides
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Transfer between tours
- Food / beverages
Children 0-3 years old: free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour).
35 Victoria Embankment, Westminster, London SW1A, UK
PLEASE NOTE! THE MEETING POINT IS NOT AT THE CHURCHILL WAR ROOMS.
Westminster Tube; please follow the signs for Exit 2 Victoria Embankment and then take the stairs up to street level to Victoria Embankment. The group will be meeting at the top of the stairs behind the statue of Boadicea on a chariot.
- This is a physically challenging tour That Involves a considerable amount of walking and stairs. For this reason, we do not recommend this tour for customers with health conditions and recommend comfortable shoes for all guests.
- We will do everything Within our power to Ensure timings and itineraries are respected; However, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest Whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour departs.
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...
The Immersive Experience combines Jeff’s Musical Version, immersive theatre, virtual reality, augmen...