Prado Museum LGBTQ tour
- Discover the most valuable treasures of the Prado
- Enjoy this unique experience with an unconventional itinerary
- Learn about the symbolism and LGBTQ+ history that lies behind the artworks of the Prado Museum
This tour will take you through the most valuable treasures of this great museum and you will also discover the symbolism and LGBTQ+ history that lies behind the artworks of the Prado Museum. You will begin in ancient Spain, discussing Roman emperors and their legacy, their lovers and the art within the Prado which immortalizes them. As we progress through the museum's many galleries, we highlight the global masterpieces, from Il Bosco through Velázquez on to Goya, and explain the backstory behind them, how they fit-in and tell the story of Spain, interwoven with tales of particularly gender fluid or homoerotic artwork, and highlight art's role as a secret language through the ages. This tour not only shows you the must-see pieces but also adds a special extra, it teaches you about love, gender and lust through the artful portrayal of the "love that dare not speak its name".
- English or Spanish speaking guide
- Skip-the-line ticket for the museum
Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
The guide will be waiting for you next to the statue of Goya, in front of the Museum ticket office.
- English speaking guide. Also available in Spanish
- Skip-the-line ticket for the Prado Museum
- Maximum of 6 people per group, plus the guide
- Daily at 10.00am and 5.00pm
- Closing days: 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
Sunday March 15, After Brunch starts big this 2020 with its 5 Anniversary, we have chosen a surprisi...
First 100% Newstyle event in collaboration with the best national label Masia, we offer Newstyle Con...
150 lands at FABRIK on March 7, 2020 from 11:30 p.m. with 3 dance areas and the best music‼ ️ We dan...
Friday, February 28, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace ...
Friday, March 20, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace Bui...
Every Friday I mess with fluid. Genres: House Atmospheres: Underground,Alternative Door Policies: Co...