Reina Sofía Museum guided tour
- Discover the artistic trends of the 20th century in one of the world's most important museums of Modern art
- Admire one of Pablo Picasso's masterpieces: El Guernica
- Explore the galleries and view the original artwork that launched the surrealism and cubism periods
Explore the Reina Sofía Museum, and visit some of its most remarkable rooms in chronological order. In the course of the tour, you'll learn all you need to know about the main artistic trends that developed from the end of the 19th century to the present day. Discover how the social, economic and politic context may influence art and avant-garde currents.
Walk through all the different rooms and see the works by cubist Juan Gris, paintings by the surrealist Joan Miró, and learn about the Generation of '27 and its most famous members: Lorca, Buñuel and the amazing Salvador Dalí. In the meanwhile, your guide will tell you incredible anecdotes and details about Dalí’s life and personality.
At the end of your visit, you'll get to observe one of the most impressive paintings in the world: El Guernica. Take your time to contemplate the characters and the motifs through which Picasso gave life to his own personal feelings about the war and the bombing of the town of Guernica. Many sketches and drafts are also displayed to help you to follow this artist's unique creative process.
Join the tour and discover the most innovative museum in Madrid's Golden Triangle of Art.
- Ticket to the museum Reina Sofía
- Tour with an expert guide
- Transport and pick-up
- Youth (10-17 years)
- Senior (65+ years)
- For children (0-9 years) the tour is free
Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28018 Madrid, Spain
The meeting point is at the entrance of the Museum (Calle Santa Isabel in front of the statue 'El Pueblo Español tiene un camino que conduce a una estrella'). Your guide will be carrying a white umbrella.
- Please make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time of the tour
- The itinerary of the tour may vary
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- Food is not allowed inside the museum
- On 17-18 May, as it is International Museum Day, admission will be free
- Every day except Tuesday at 10.00am
- 1 January, 6 January, 1 May, 15* May, 9* November, and 24** December, 25 December and 31** December
- * Palacio de Cristal and Palacio de Velázquez will be opened
- ** Palacio de Cristal and Palacio de Velázquez will be opened until 5.00pm
Sunday March 15, After Brunch starts big this 2020 with its 5 Anniversary, we have chosen a surprisi...
First 100% Newstyle event in collaboration with the best national label Masia, we offer Newstyle Con...
150 lands at FABRIK on March 7, 2020 from 11:30 p.m. with 3 dance areas and the best music‼ ️ We dan...
Friday, February 28, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace ...
Friday, March 20, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace Bui...
Friday, March 27, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace Bui...