Reina Sofía Museum guided tour
- Discover the artistic trends of the 20th century in one of the world's most important museums of Modern art
- Admire one of Pablo Picasso's masterpieces: the painting, El Guernica
- Explore the galleries and view the original artwork that launched the surrealism and cubism periods
Explore the Reina Sofia Museum, and visit some of its most remarkable rooms in chronological order. In the course of the tour, you'll learn all you need to know about the main artistic trends that developed from the end of the 19th century up to the present. Discover how the social, economic and politic context may influence art and avant-garde currents.
Walk throughout all of the different rooms and see the works by the cubist Juan Gris, paintings by the surrealist Joan Miró, and learn about the Generation of '27 and its most famous members: Lorca, Buñuel and the amazing Salvador Dalí. In the meanwhile, your guide will tell you incredible anecdotes and details about Dalí’s life and personality.
At the end of your visit, you'll get to observe one of the most impressive paintings in the world: El Guernica. Take your time to contemplate the characters and the motifs through which Picasso gave life to his own personal feelings about the war and the bombing of the town of Guernica. Many sketches and drafts are also displayed to help you to follow this artist's unique creative process.
Join the tour and discover the most innovative museum in Madrid's Golden Triangle of Art.
- Ticket to the museum Reina Sofía
- Tour with an expert guide
- Transport and pick-up
- Children (0-9): free
- Youth (10-17): reduced
- Senior (65+): reduced
Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28018 Madrid, Spain
The meeting point is at the entrance of the Museum (Calle Santa Isabel in front of the statue "El Pueblo Español tiene un camino que conduce a una estrella"). Your guide will be carrying a white umbrella.
- Please make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time of the tour
- The itinerary of the tour may vary
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- Food is not allowed inside the museum
- On May 17th and 18th, as it is International Museum Day, admission will be free
- Every day except Tuesday at 10.00 am
- 1 January, 6 January, 1 May, 15* May, 9* November, and 24** December, 25 December and 31** December
- * Palacio de Cristal and Palacio de Velázquez will be opened
- ** Palacio de Cristal and Palacio de Velázquez will be opened until 5.00pm
The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía of Madrid is dedicated to late 19th and 20th century a...
The Museo Nacional del Prado holds an exceptionally important collection of Spanish and European wor...
Enjoy a guided walking tour of the old town of the city, the so-called Madrid of the Austrias to kno...
Discover the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque periods of Madrid. Habsburg ...
Built in the late 1700s, the Prado began showcasing art in the early 1800s. Predominantly featuring ...
Immergiti nella storia di Madrid e scoprirai la città in modo diverso con le nostre guide locali. Pe...
Begin your Madrid tapas tour at a popular market right in the centre of the city, the perfect place ...
Parque Warner is one of the leading and most modern attraction parks in Europe. It's located 25 kilo...
Travel from your hotel in Madrid directly to Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport (MAD) on your own terms. ...
The most fun and definitely the easiest way to get to know Madrid is on this double-decker bus. With...