This thirst-quenching beer odyssey will take you through the best of the best on the Melbourne brew scene, from its largest brewery to those craft beers that only the true Melbourne locals know about all the while learning about the history behind Melbourne’s favourite tipple. Your beer tour starts at the Southern Cross Station in Melbourne before we hit the train to one of the city's up-and-coming neighbourhoods, an area that is home to some of Melbourne’s best brewers. After an intro from your guide, you’ll head off to the first drinking den. Whilst you sip on your first beer, you’ll learn about the rogue settlement of the city, and how the Melbourne beer scene came to be, from the city’s first pub to the outlandish colonial rules governing drinking in the southern capital. We mix it up depending which neighbourhood we are in and where is best for the day you've booked. Venues range from breweries in industrial areas to classic pubs, bowling clubs and record bars – but the one thing they all have in common is a passion for the brew. Along the way, we'll dive into some good beer drinking snacks to make sure the night is not all totally liquid. You'll be able to witness the change and uprising of Melbourne’s unique laneway bar scene where you can try some microbrew while learning about the modern era of Melbourne’s relationship with beer.
Craft beer tour of Melbourne
Availability: Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Duration: 3 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Discover Melbourne’s beer scene
- Sip on beers in three different locations, from iconic Melbourne pubs to secret breweries
- Learn all about Melbourne’s relationship with beer
- Taste some of our favourite local pub food
What to expect
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tastings at 3 venues
- Local favourite beer drinking food
What's not included
- Additional food and drinks.
Southern Cross Station, Spencer St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Under the clock tower inside Southern Cross Station.
What to remember
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour
- Please ensure you have a Myki with enough credit to catch the train or tram out to the venue for the evening. Your guide can help you purchase one at Southern Cross (approx $6 + credit) if you don't have one
- Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip
- Please wear nice, smart-casual clothing. No flip-flops (thongs) permitted. Remember that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable and the tour will run rain, hail or shine, so bring an umbrella or coat if needed.
- If any of the venues are closed, suitable replacement venues will be visited instead.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6.30pm.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.