Multicultural Markets of Melbourne's Neighbourhoods
- Get to know Melbourne's culinary culture with a visit to the markets
- Sample over a dozen international and Australian foods
- Discover the gastronomic culture, history and traditions of the region from your local foodie host
- Learn the history of markets in Australia and why their multicultural food reflects Australia’s diverse society
- Visit the markets in a small group of maximum 12 people
This tour is the celebration of the local foodie culture. You'll visit Melbourne’s multicultural markets on a three-hour walking and public transport tour. You'll learn about the local gastronomic culture, as well as the history and culinary traditions unique to the city. You'll ride to the market on the local tram or train, in the afternoon hours when the crowds at the market are thinner. This will allow you to interact with the vendors, as you gain rare insight into the history of the city and how the character of Melbourne has developed. Melbourne's oldest markets are packed with stories, plenty of samples, tastings and time for you to explore will be included, so you can get the true experience. Hear about how immigration has been a driving force in what gives Melbourne such a unique vibe.
You'll also explore the surrounds of the market and pop in on some of the local favourite street eats. Depending on the day and guide you may find yourself in Footscray at the Vietnamese market, Coburg at the Middle Eastern market or South Melbourne for the predominantly Mediterranean Market. Each has its own character, amazing food and eclectic style and buzz. You'll then finish with a drink at a local pub or bar.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 12+ food tastings
- Beer or soft drink at a local pub
- Tram or train fare
- Additional food and drinks
Children (0-6): free
Queen Victoria Market – main entrance on the corner of Elizabeth Street and Victoria St (under the cow and sheep picture).
- A local transport pass is required for this tour – please purchase a “Myki” transportation card before your tour begins.
- Please present your voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save this email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions on the day. Keep in mind that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable. This tour will run rain, hail or shine.
From Wednesday to Sunday at 9.30 am.
2. Aus. Open - Day: 1st Round - Day 20-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the tick...
3. Aus. Open - Evening: 3rd Round - Evening 25-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When ...
Get ready for an exciting day of visual wonderment and one of the best coastal drives you will ever ...
A half day afternoon tour of the highlights of Melbourne that includes a visit to the Royal Botanic ...
1. Aus. Open - Day Pass: Day + Evening session 23-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets Wh...
1. Aus. Open - Day Pass: Day + Evening session 26-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets Wh...