Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Day Tour
- Explore the pristine beaches and pink granite mountain ranges of Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park
- Enjoy the tour in a small group
- An expert guide will enrich your tour experience with his cultural knowledge, historic storytelling with great humour
- Travel via Tasmania’s wine region, the Coal River Valley, and visit historic Richmond
- Contribute to creating your flexible itinerary
Tasmania’s east coast is a uniquely beautiful part of the world. This tour shares with you all of the must-see sites of the Freycinet National Park and Tasmania’s stunning East Coast: be prepared for amazing scenery, great photo opportunities, some gentle walking and lots of fresh air.
While the main attraction is Wineglass Bay included in your tour are some hidden extras: visit Rosny Hill Lookout, a vantage point from which you will be treated to expansive views of the Derwent River, Hobart City and Mount Wellington, as well as the Coal River Valley, now home to some of Tasmania’s most popular wineries. You'll have the opportunity to visit the historic Georgian township of Richmond and you'll stop at Richmond Bridge. From Richmond, you'll drive into the township of Buckland, home to the Church of John the Baptist, built by convicts in 1846 from local sandstone. Learn the story behind its spectacular stained glass windows and for those with musical talent, play a tune on the church organ.
Back on the Great Eastern Drive, as the mountains of the Hazards come into view, you will know we are nearing the Freycinet Peninsula: here you will spend over 4 hours exploring this unique National Park including the tour highlight, the 45-minute walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout. Be surprised by the wildlife emerging from the undergrowth, absorb the majesty of the mountains above and wonder at the balancing boulders then take a well-deserved stop halfway to catch your breath and take in the views of Great Oyster Bay. Once you're back from the walk you can enjoy lunch at one of the local beaches. Lastly, discover bull kelp forests and natural rock sculptures at Sleepy Bay and find peace and tranquillity at the aptly named Honeymoon Bay, a great spot for a swim, if you are keen.
Truly a spectacular day of exploring, and before you decide to stay forever immersed in this beautiful place…there is ice-cream and other tasty treats to enjoy at Kate’s Berry Farm!
- Wineglass Bay and the Freycinet National Park tour
- A visit to the oldest convict-built bridge in Australia still in use
- Accommodation pick-up
- Expert guide
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Driver guide
- Food and beverages
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (8-14): reduced
- Senior (65+): reduced
You will be picked up from your accommodation.
- The tour can accommodate a group of maximum 11 people
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- You will be informed on the exact pick-up time after the booking
- If you would like to walk down to Wineglass Bay Beach when returning from the 45/minute Wineglass BAy hike, this can be arranged with your guide in advance. Bear in mind this is a steeper track requiring a higher level of fitness
- Airport drop-offs, post tour, can be arranged in advance at no extra cost
- If Seafood is your fancy, a stop at the Marine Farm for lunch can be arranged
- From June 1 to October 31: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
- From November 1 to May 31: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
- Pick-up is between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m. You will be informed on the exact pick-up time after the booking
tennis: 1st Round - Day 20-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the ticket is electr...
tennis: 2nd Round - Day 23-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the ticket is electr...
tennis: 3rd Round - Day 25-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the ticket is electr...
tennis: 4th Round - Day 27-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the ticket is electr...
tennis: 1st Round - Evening 21-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the ticket is el...
tennis: 3rd Round - Evening 24-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets When the ticket is el...