Dachau memorial tour (concentration camp)
- Visit one of the first concentration camps in Germany
- Enjoy the tour in English with an authorized guide
- See former cells, barracks and gas chamber
- Listen to moving stories about life in camp
Only 15km northwest of Munich, one of the first Nazi concentration camps was built. After its liberation by US-forces in 1945, it re-opened 20 years later as a memorial site to honor the victims and give visitors a chance to learn from the past.
On this guided tour in English you will get a comprehensive overview over the former Dachau concentration camp. See the cells, barracks and gas chamber and listen to moving stories of ex-prisoners. Original photographs and exhibits in the museum illustrate the inhumane reality of life in the concentration camp.
Your guide will take care of your travel itinerary from Munich to the Dachau memorial site and back and will give you an authorized tour of the memorial site upon arrival. This way you can fully enjoy this memorable half-day trip from Munich.
- Professional live guide, authorized by the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
- Travel from/to Munich
- Food and drinks
- Youth (aged 12-25)
- Senior (aged 67+)
Marienplatz, 80331 Munich, Germany
Tour start and meeting point is in front of the Tourist Information of the City of Munich in the Gothic town hall on Marienplatz. Your guide has a yellow a3 sign with 'Munich Walk Tours' in red letters.
- Please note that this tour is only available in English
- The visit of the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site is not recommended for children under the age of 12
- In May, June, July, September and October we recommend the afternoon tour at 1.10pm, as there are many school groups and visitors on the site in the morning
- Daily at 10.10am
- April – October: also daily at 1.10pm
- No tour: 24 December
Traveling along the Romantic Road, your first stop will be Harburg, one of the oldest, largest and b...
Get familiar with one of the most sorrowful and tiresome periods in the history of humanity in the M...
Play out your soccer fantasy and tour the famous Allianz Arena. Feel your legs tingling at the train...
Join a day trip which includes a tour to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial from Munich and a gu...
Discover Munich, the capital city of Bavaria. Your private guide will show you the most beautiful pa...
Jump on board of the Hop-on hop-off bus to explore Munich and its most interesting sights. From the ...