Munich Third Reich Walking Tour
- Discover the birthplace of the Third Reich with a specialized guide
- Explore the beer hall where Hitler gave his first major speeches
- See the headquarter of the Nazi Party, venue of the Munich Agreement
- Commemorate victims and local opponents of Nazism at memorial places
Unknown to the casual tourist, many buildings of Munich carry secrets of a dark past. Discover them and how Munich is connected with the story of Hitler and the Third Reich during this 2.5-hours walking tour.
Only eight decades ago, Munich was the official “Capital of the Movement”. It’s the city Eisenhower famously called “the cradle of the Nazi beast”. Learn how Munich became the birthplace of the Nazi Party and visit the stage upon which some of the most horrific crimes of the Third Reich took place: Hitler's failed putsch, the Kristallnacht – one of the largest anti-Semitic pogroms in Western Europe and dark foreboding of the later Holocaust – and the infamous Munich agreement.
Ironically, while much of central Munich was destroyed by Allied bombing, many Nazi buildings survived and still stand today. Alongside them are memorials dedicated to the city's many victims of Nazism, including those who sacrificed their lives to oppose the hateful ideology.
Your expert guide will show you the following sites and share their story:
- Beer halls where Hitler attended first party meetings
- Beer halls where Hitler gave his first major speeches
- Nazi marching grounds
- Location of the Beer Hall Putsch street battle
- Building where Goebbels launched the Kristallnacht
- National headquarters of the Nazi Party
- Monuments of Nazi architecture
- Buildings that bear scares of the Second World War
- Memorials to victims and local opponents of Nazism
- Guided tour
- Transport to historic center of Munich
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- Children (6-13)
- Student (with valid ID)
Munich Central Station, Arnulfstraße 3, 80335 Munich, Germany
Radius Tours office in Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), located in the area just across from tracks 32-34
- 1 April - 15 October daily at 3pm
- 1 May - 15 October also at 8.45am
- 16 October - 31 March daily at 11.30am
- Not available on 24, 25, 31 December and 1 January
- Attention: Please be at the meeting point approximately 15 minutes in advanca
Munich is the perfect city for beer lovers, not only during the Oktoberfest! With traditional beer h...
Visit Nuremberg travelling from Munich comfortably by train with your group and guide. The city is o...
Join this combination bus and walking tour of the historically significant locations that were instr...
Dachau represents one of the darkest periods in human history and the worst excesses of the Nazi reg...
Traveling along the Romantic Road, your first stop will be Harburg, one of the oldest, largest and b...
Visit the city of the Holy Roman Empire, the German Nation and the Third Reich!It is a place where c...
Experience Alps to the full extent on a combo tour from Munich to the Ettal Monastery and Germany's ...
Join this entertaining and informative walking tour in English through the heart of Munich's beautif...
At SEA LIFE Munich, there is much to discover. For more than 10 years, the SEA LIFE Munich aquarium,...
See the impressive mountain scenery and the beautiful landscape of the Berchtesgadener Land and visi...