Herculaneum skip-the-line tickets with optional guided tour
- Skip the long lines and explore the ancient wonder of the Herculaneum site at your own pace
- Discover an incredibly well-preserved archeological site and dive deep into its history
- Add an optional guided tour to your tickets to get the most out of the experience
Herculaneum is an ancient town that overlooks the Gulf of Naples, famous all over the world for its splendid archaeological Roman excavations. According to a legend, Herculaneum was founded by the mythological hero Hercules. Born in the archaic age, the city was exposed to Samnite, Greek, Etruscan influences, until the preponderant Roman presence, testified by the exceptional state of preservation today. Herculaneum was destroyed by the same eruption of Vesuvius in 79AD, which also razed Pompeii to the ground.
Herculaneum began to see the light again thanks to archaeological investigations promoted in 1738, which resumed, after several interruptions, in 1927. The excavations were included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1997.
Thanks to skip-the-line tickets you'll have the chance to admire and explore this unique site, its urban fabric, the distribution of the houses, the monumental basilica, the grand spa complex, and the gymnasium. You can walk around the streets of the ancient city and see the perfect state of conservation of the woods, bronze parts and the elevations of the houses that has enabled the reconstruction of everyday life, as well as the various styles of Vesuvian painting.
If you wish to learn more about Herculaneum and dive deep into its history, you can add a guided tour to your ticket for 2 hours with an expert tour guide. You'll visit the whole site while you listen to captivating anecdotes, secrets and stories about this world-famous location.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Herculaneum Archaeological Site
- Guided visit (if selected)
- Entrance to the Virtual Archaeological Museum (Museo Archeologico Virtuale)
- Snacks and drinks
- Citizens of the EU from 18 to 25 years of age with valid identity: reduced
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity: free
- Undergraduate, master or postgraduate students in architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with specialization in archeology or art history: free
- Youth (18-25 years): reduced
- Children (4-17 years): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years): free
Corso Resina, 185, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Ruins of Herculaneum ticket office.
- This is a day ticket: you can enter the site whenever you like, regardless of the time shown on the voucher
- Please show valid ID to claim reduced or free tickets. This can only be done at the ticket office. If you don't show a valid ID that attests that you are entitled to the price reduction, you will have to purchase new tickets at full price
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring along a hat and a bottle of water
- You can't bring any large bags and backpacks inside the site but you can leave them at the entrance where a free cloakroom service is available and retrieve them at the end of your visit
- This is a 2-hour guided tour that only includes the archaeological site. The tour lasts for 3 hours if you wish to visit both the archaeological site and the Virtual Archaeological Museum (Museo Archeologico Virtuale). Admission to the museum requires a separate ticket that must be purchased on-site (full price: €7, reduced: €6 for under 18, over 65, students, and teachers)
- This is a daily ticket so you can enter the site whenever you like, regardless of the time shown on the voucher
- 16 October - 14 March: 8.30am-5.00pm (last admission 3.30pm)
- 15 March - 15 October: 8.30am-7.30pm (last admission 6.00pm)
- Closed: 1 January, 25 December
- The site will be open for free every first Sunday of the month from October to March and on the following dates:
- March 13 from 1.00pm
March 20 from 1.00pm
March 27 from 1.00pm
July 14 from 2.00pm
July 28 from 2.00pm
August 11 from 2.00pm
August 15 from 2.00pm
August 18 from 2.00pm
August 25 from 2.00pm
October 30 from 1.00pm
November 6 from 1.00pm
November 13 from 1.00pm
November 20 from 1.00pm
November 27 from 1.00pm
- Every day at 10.00am
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. T...
The cost of the full price ticket is 6 euros; the cost of the reduced ticket is 2 euros. The price l...
The full price ticket costs 14 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros. The price listed in the cale...
The cost of the adult ticket is 18 euros; the cost of the reduced ticket is 2 euros. The price liste...
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997...
La visita guidata partirà dallo scalone d’onore del Museo Archeologico Nazionale e verranno analizza...
Un’iniziativa lodevole quella voluta dalla Pro Loco di Tramonti che incontra il territorio ed in par...
Depart at 8.45am from your location of choice in Naples (hotel/port/station) and head along the coas...
Feudi di San Gregorio is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries acro...
Escursione guidata attraverso i boschi di faggi secolari con scorci unici sul Vesuvio, Golfo di Napo...