Experience Yayoi Kusama’s profound connection with nature at this contemporary art installation at the New York Botanical Garden!
Contemporary Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama is one of the most popular artists in the world, drawing millions to experience her immersive installations. This KUSAMA Garden Pass will give you access to all KUSAMA: Cosmic Nature outdoor installations across 250 acres of the grounds. You'll also be able to visit the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden and outdoor collections.
Exclusively at NYBG, Kusama reveals her lifelong fascination with the natural world, beginning with her childhood spent in the greenhouses and fields of her family’s seed nursery. Her artistic concepts are inspired by her intimate engagement with the colors, patterns, and life cycles of plants and flowers.
- Kusama with Pumpkin, 2010 © YAYOI KUSAMA. Courtesy of Ota Fine Arts, Tokyo / Singapore / Shanghai; Victoria Miro, London; David Zwirner, New York
- Hymn of Life–Tulips, 2007, Mixed media. Courtesy of the City of Beverly Hills
- Narcissus Garden, 2016, The Glass House, New Canaan, CT. 1,400 stainless steel spheres. Collection of the artist. Courtesy of Ota Fine Arts, Tokyo/Singapore/Shanghai; David Zwirner, New York; Victoria Miro, London
- Ascension of Polka Dots on the Trees, 2018, Cleveland Museum of Art. Printed polyester fabric. Collection of the artist
- Narcissus Garden, 2021, The New York Botanical Garden. 1,400 stainless steel spheres. Collection of the artist. Courtesy of Ota Fine Arts, Tokyo/Singapore/Shanghai; David Zwirner, New York; Victoria Miro, London/Venice
- I Want to Fly to the Universe (2020), The New York Botanical Garden, 2021. Urethane paint on aluminum. 157 3/8 x 169 3/8 x 140 1/8 in. (400 x 430 x 356 cm). Collection of the artist. Courtesy of Ota Fine Arts and David Zwirner.