New York City Gospel Walking Tour
- Learn about the roots of American Gospel
- Listen to an award-winning Gospel choir
Listen to the beautiful, uplifting sounds of a world famous NYC gospel choir, learn the history of American Gospel Music and view the gorgeous homes and churches of Brooklyn Heights during this tour. The tour begins in lower Manhattan where you learn about the roots of African-American gospel culture and the experience from which gospel music emerged. Then, you continue on to Brooklyn Heights, with its gorgeous brownstones, historic homes and churches, and view the church that launched gospel music onto the world stage. Finally, you end the tour at a church in a concert-hall setting with a Grammy awardwinning multicultural choir where you listen to modern and contemporary gospel music.
- Walking tour of important Gospel music areas of New York City
- Gospel choir performances
- Transportation (Please purchase Metro Subway card prior the tour)
- Children under 4 years old: free
- Children ages 5-11, students, seniors (ages 65+): reduced
79 Broadway, New York, NY 10006
- Meet in front of Trinity Church
- Tour itinerary may be modified or cancelled due to special events (parades, marathon, traffic conditions)
- Public transportation is used for part of the tour. It is recommended to bring a New York Metro Subway card
- Out of respect for the congregation, please dress appropriately and refrain from wearing flip-flops, tank tops or shorts
- Due to the popularity and policies of the church, customers who want to attend this tour must stay for the entire service (2 hours). Guests are not allowed to leave before the end of the service. Also, on certain Sundays, an ensemble of top singers will perform at the discretion of the church
- Sundays: 9.00am in English
- Sundays: 8.30am in Spanish
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the departure time
Bask in the bright lights of the Big Apple on this escorted evening tour aboard a double-decker bus....
Take a live-guided, 70-minute walking tour with an expert well-versed in the building of Rockefeller...
What better way to explore New York's hidden gems than with a local?You'll start your tour in iconic...
Diana is the electrifying new musical about a woman who chose to be fearless, and as a result became...
Discover the best of New York City on board of a hop-on-hop-off panoramic bus that will take you thr...
On this pride walking tour, you'll hear all about the revolutionary 1969 Stonewall Uprising. Learn t...