2-day excursion to Normandy D-Day Beaches, Saint Malo & Mt Saint-Michel from Paris
- Two intense days of discovery of one of the most beautiful regions of France with our guide
- Discover the medieval city of Saint-Malo and the charming town of Honfleur
- Visit the amazing Mont-Saint-Michel, described as the "Wonder of the West"
- Immerse yourself in history as you visit the key sites of the Allied landings in Normandy
This two-day tour with an expert guide brings you to the beautiful Normandy! The first day you'll visit the cities of Rouen, Honfleur and the Landing Beaches. The second day you'll discover Saint Malo city and the Mont Saint Michel.
DAY 1 | Rouen, Honfleur and the Landing Beaches of Normandy
You will leave from our agency at 7.15am to head to Normandy. During the 2-hour drive, you'll find out more about the region until your reach your first stop, Rouen. Your guide will walk you through the historic center to discover the impressive Rouen Cathedral. The city of Rouen is particularly charming thanks to its medieval alleyways, its lively pedestrian streets, its half-timbered houses and its famous Gros Horloge, an astronomical clock that is one of the city's treasures. Many Impressionist painters were inspired by the beauty of the city, including Claude Monet, who painted various views of the cathedral.
You'll then head to Honfleur located approximately 90km away from Rouen. During the ride you can admire the view of the Pont de Normandie, a cable-stayed bridge that spans the Seine estuary. In Honfleur, you'll enjoy some free time to discover this port city with its picturesque streets and colorful houses which has preserved a rich historic and artistic heritage. You'll have lunch on your own in one of Honfleur's typical estaurants.
You'll spend the afternoo at the Beaches of Normandy, a must-see World War II sites, symbolic of the Allied landings in 1944. You'll see the American military cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer ans the Omaha Beach. If the weather permits, the coach may take you to Arromanches, around 25 minutes away.
The day ends in Caen where you will stay at Novotel Caen (or similar) and dine with the group at the hotel.
DAY 2 | Saint-Malo and the Mont Saint-Michel
After breakfast, you'll head to Saint-Malo (170km from Caen),a town which boasts a rich historic heritage and several classified monuments like the city walls, the castle, Saint-Malo Cathedral, and Fort National.
You'll enjoy some free time to lunch in the historical center before hitting the road to Mont Saint-Michel, this "Wonder of the West" perched on a rocky islet dating back to the Middle Ages.
Passing through the King's Gate, you will find the Grande Rue where the main museums, shops and medieval houses are located. You'll climb the Grand Degré staircase and get to the top to visit the fascinating 8th century Benedictine abbey. Admire its Gothic architecture and discover the cloister, dining hall and garden overlooking the sea. After the guided tour of the abbey, enjoy the panoramic view as you walk along the town walls.
Departure from Mont Saint-Michel around 4.30pm. Return time in Paris around 9.15pm.
- Transportation in an air conditioned coach
- Entrance tickets for the various monument and museum visits
- Accommodation in 3*** hotel (double room accommodation with bathroom)
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure
- Buffet breakfast and evening meal in the hotel
- Services of a tour guide
- Return transport from/to your residence in Paris depending on the tour selected
- Personal expenses
PARISCityVISION 2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris
Meet us at the Agency Paris CityVision 15 minutes before departure time of the tour. Metro: Tuileries (1) , Pyramides (7, 13).
- Persons with walking difficulties might not be able to reach the Abbey (many steps)
- Comfortable clothing and good shoes recommended
- For any booking which requires a single room (triple room unavailable), a supplement of 36€ will have to be paid at PARISCityVISION agency prior your tour departure
- Free cancellation up to 6 calendar days before departure (Central European Time) | Beyond that period, the following fees apply: | 5 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) | 3 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Thursday and Saturday
Departure at 7.15am
Discover in one day Mont Saint-Michel's marvels with this guided tour departing from Paris. You'll v...
Take a trip from Paris to Bruges, the city known as the "Venice of the North". This one-day tour wil...
Venture to Bruges, the “Venice of the north,” whenever you choose. An audioguide will take you on a ...
You are staying in Paris and you want to discover the WW2 Normandy sites? Then follow us on our D-da...
The Musée du Louvre displays 35,000 works of art over 60,600 square meters and welcomes almost ten m...
As one of the world’s most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa rarely gets much peace. During regular vi...
Experience the Palais Garnier at your own pace and discover one of Paris' most significant architect...
Get the most of Paris with this combo offer including a Big Bus pass 1 Day and the Paris Museum Pass...
Enjoy your skip-the-line ticket and explore at your own pace the Château de Versailles with your aud...
The best way to feel the essence of Paris is by strolling around with a local who tailors the experi...