2-day guided trip to the Loire Valley Castles from Paris
- Full two-day tour of the Loire Valley
- Guided tours of the 5 finest Châteaux of the Loire Valley: Chenonceau, Chambord, Cheverny, Clos Lucé, Amboise
- Discover the majestic gardens of Villandry
- You are accompanied by a qualified guide-interpreter throughout the tour
Discover the finest Châteaux of the Loire Valley in 2 days with an expert guide! Your first day brings you to the Château d'Amboise, the Château du Clos-Lucé, the gardens of Villandry and the city of Tours. The second day of the tour will be dedicated to the castles of Chenonceau, Cheverny and Chambord.
DAY 1 | Châteaux d'Amboise, Clos-Lucé and Villandry Gardens in the Loire Valley
You will leave from our agency at 7.15am to head to the Loire Valley region. After a 1.5-hour ride you'll reach your first stop, Amboise and take a guided tour of the Château d'Amboise, a UNESCO world heritage site. Discover the daily, private life of sovereigns and go behind the scenes of the Court. You will have free time to admire the castle's superb gardens, which offer a remarkable panoramic view of the Loire Valley.
Enjoy lunch in the gardens or in one of the snack bars located near the castle before heading to the Château du Clos-Lucé located just a 10-minute walk away. Discover the residence of Leonardo da Vinci and find out more about this genius who lived there for the last three years of his life.
A 45-minute drive will bring you to the Château de Villandry. You'll discover the magnificent avenues of linden trees dividing the gardens into several different levels and plantations.
The day continues with a guided visit of Tours (30 minutes from Villandry). Discover the charm of this historic neighborhood lined with enchanting half-timbered houses. You'll sleep in Tours (Hôtel Mercure Tours Nord or similar) and have dinner with the group.
DAY 2 | Loire Valley Châteaux of Chenonceau, Cheverny and Chambord
After breakfast, you will head to the Château de Chenonceau (35km ride) built and embellished by several female French figures such as Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de' Medici.
The next stop is Cheverny (45 minutes), a 17th century seigneurial property, with its apartments conveying the French art de vivre. Enjoy an overview of the Château's superb park before eating lunch at the Saint Hubert restaurant in Cour-Cheverny.
~~~ MENU (drinks not included) ~~~
Home-made salmon terrine with lemon sauce or Hard-boiled egg and Mixed vegetables-mayonnaise
Roast turkey, green beans and tomatoes Provençal, sautéed potatoes
Frozen nougat and red-fruit coulis
After lunch, you will head to the Château de Chambord to unveil its fascinating, complex heritage built by François I in the 16th century. See its extraordinary architecture, its double-helix staircase and the former lodgings of the king.
You will leave Chambord at around 4.30pm, reaching our agency in Paris at around 7.00pm.
- Entrance tickets to the Loire Valley Castles
- Services of a tour guide
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Dinner on the first day
- Breakfast and Lunch (drinks not included) on the second day
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris depending on the tour selected
- Accommodation in 3*** hotel (double room accommodation with bathroom)
- Lunch on the first day
- Drinks of the lunch of the second day
PARISCityVISION 2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris
Meet us at the Agency Paris CityVision 15 minutes before departure time of the tour. Metro: Tuileries (1) , Pyramides (7, 13).
- Lunch in Amboise: you can eat lunch on the lawn in the park's gardens provided that you do not litter. The duration and times may vary depending on the course of the excursion.
- For any booking which requires a single room (triple room unavailable), a supplement of 20€ will have to be paid at PARISCityVISION agency prior your tour departure
- Free cancellation up to 6 calendar days before departure (Central European Time) | Beyond that period, the following fees apply: | 5 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) | 3 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Monday and Saturday
- Departure at 7.15am
Delve into centuries of history and architecture in a single day. Head to Chambord and Chenonceau, s...
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for 30 years, the Palace of Versailles was once the residence...
The Musée du Louvre displays 35,000 works of art over 60,600 square meters and welcomes almost ten m...
Experience the Palais Garnier at your own pace and discover one of Paris' most significant architect...
Experience the splendour of Versailles at your own pace as you see the sights with an in-depth audio...
Paris at your fingertips with this combo ticket giving you access to museums!The Paris Museum Pass w...
As one of the world’s most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa rarely gets much peace. During regular vi...
The Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage site, was the residence of French Kings Louis XIV,...
Make your own wine in two hours in a beautiful 18th century wine cellar that once belonged to the Ki...
In this lively and popular neighbourhood there is a charming wine bar which makes the difference: ch...