Notre Dame Island with Sainte Chapelle and historic medieval Paris small group tour
- Enjoy a tour through the heart of Paris, the Ile de la Cité
- Admire the exterior of one of France’s greatest icons: Notre Dame Cathedral
- Visit Sainte Chapelle with skip-the-line access
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitting in the middle of the Seine River, the island was the home of Kings of France and the site of world-changing political uprisings. You'll learn everything about the gruesome stories, revolutionary rivalries and romantic interludes that happened in this very location.
You'll join your guide to admire the stunning exterior of Notre Dame Cathedral with its flying buttresses and gothic architecture and understand why this was the setting for the famed 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame'. Your guide will unfold the histories and mysteries forever captured within these walls, from days of antiquity to the present. Once you’ve admired the exterior of this impressive edifice, the tour will continue to nearby Sainte Chapelle where you’ll be whisked past the crowds and straight into this hidden wonder of Paris.
Another gothic masterpiece, this former chapel of King Louis IX was built in 1248. It is home to over 6,500 square feet of 13th century stained glass, two-thirds of which are recently-restored originals. Dazzling in color, this is a sparkling Parisian gem not to be missed.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Entrance ticket and Skip the Line access to Sainte Chapelle
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Includes a €2.00 donation to the Notre-Dame Cathedral restoration fund
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children: Reduced
15 Place du Pont Neuf, 75001 Paris, France
Please meet your guide 15 minutes before departure time of the tour at the statue of Henri IV, in the middle of Pont Neuf- at the western end of Ile de la cite. Pont Neuf is the bridge that links Ile de la Cite to both the left and right banks of Paris. The statue is of a man on a horse sitting in the middle of the bridge. Nearest Metro: Pont Neuf (7) or Cite.
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
- Please note that the streets around the Cathedral are closed until further notice. Therefore we won’t be able to access the square in front of Notre Dame and see the 0km point. However, your guide will ensure to take you through alternative routes so you can get as close as possible to the Cathedral
- Tour ends at Sainte Chapelle
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues
- To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags or backpacks on your tour
- Please note that all bags taken into the Sainte Chapelle will be scanned and any sharp or metal instruments will not be allowed in and will be confiscated by security staff on site
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- Strollers or baby carriages not allowed on this tour
- Non-flash photography is permitted in Sainte Chapelle
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women in religious sites
- Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours. There is a security line at the Sainte Chapelle with a bag scan that all visitors must pass through
- Availability varies depending on the season, please refer to the calendar
- This tour departs at 9.30am and 2.00pm
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
You love wine and cheese? Come taste a selection of French wines and cheeses in a 17th century wine ...
During your stay in Paris, you will most likely eat at a restaurant twice a day. As fantastic as it ...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...