Priority entrance tickets for the Conciergerie
- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
- Enjoy direct access to the monument
- Visit the prison where Marie-Antoinette was imprisoned
- Discover a symbol of the French Revolution
The Conciergerie,is a former prison in Paris, France, located on the Île de la Cité . It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle.
The Kings of France abandoned the palace at the end of the 14th century to settle in the Louvre and in Vincennes. It then took on a judicial role, and part of the palace was converted into prison cells. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed on the guillotine at a number of locations around Paris. Its most famous prisoner was Marie-Antoinette and during the Restoration, a commemorative chapel was erected on the site of her cell.
From Royal Residence to Revolutionary prison, this splendid Gothic palace is now mostly used for law courts.
Marie-Antoinette, Metamorphoses of an image
16 October 2019 - 26 January 2020
The exhibition will illustrate the many representations of Marie-Antoinette through almost 200 works, artifacts, heritage and contemporary archives, never-before-seen interviews, film extracts, and fashion accessories, and shine a light on this worldwide phenomenon of media overkill through both a historic approach and a critical and comparative examination of forms.
- Entrance ticket
- Temporary exhibition (if any)
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people (proof required)
1 Quai de l'Horloge, 75001 Paris, France
Present your ticket at the entrance of La Conciergerie located on Boulevard du Palais. Nearest metro stop: Cité (line 4). Open every day 9.30am - 6.00pm | Closed from 8 to 11 April 2019
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- Open ticket valid until 31 December 2021
- Free admission the first Sunday of the month from 1st November to 31st March
- The ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- Luggages and big items exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will not be accepted
Open every day
9.30am - 6.00pm
Closed from 8 to 11 April 2019
Exploring Paris’ murky past and hidden secrets with an expert, with the city bathed romantically in ...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
Paris's beloved Notre-Dame cathedral has been one of the French capital's most famous landmarks sinc...
A ticket to heaven! Go up to the 56th floor of the Montparnasse Tower and enjoy the best panoramic v...
The best way to feel the essence of Paris is by strolling around with a local who tailors the experi...
Edifié en 1895, le quartier abrite depuis cette date l'état-major et le régiment de cavalerie de la ...
From its beginnings as a medieval village to the capital of Napoleon's empire, from the beheadings o...
As one of the world’s most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa rarely gets much peace. During regular vi...
Discover the best of Normandy in a day with this excursion departing from Paris.Our wine and spirits...
Get the most of Italian Art with this guided tour through the Italian collection and biggest masterp...