Private Loire Valley wine day tour from Paris
- Discover the legendary Chambord castle
- Visit of a world famous local winery and its cellars
- Enjoy a tasting of more than 7 different local wines
- Taste a delicious lunch at the table of a winemaker
Do you want to see splendid Renaissance Castles and taste delicious Loire Valley wines?
At the end of this 11-hour wine & culture day tour, you will have fallen in love with Chambord impressive architecture and with the diversity of Loire Valley wines.
After an early morning hotel pickup in Paris, you will travel with your knowledgeable guide about. 2 hours south of the city towards Chambord Castle. En route, bite into flaky croissants and pastries while hearing about the wine-making region of Loire and its heritage.
You will arrive at Chambord Castle in the morning for an audio-guided tour. Come away knowing the secrets behind this magnificent « Château », constructed by King Francis I of France five hundred years ago. Back in your air-conditioned minivan, pass through the vineyards of Touraine, Vouvray, and Montlouis-Sur-Loire. Admire the colorful landscapes of Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Cabernet Franc grapes.
Settle in at a family-run Vouvray Wine estate, where you’ll meet the winemaker and enjoy a delicious meal of traditional food, paired with a wine tasting. After lunch, discover another family-run winery and depending on availability, taste sparkling white wines, dry and sweet white wines, red and rosé wines. Here, you will get to taste authentic Loire Valley wines largely unavailable in the rest of the world. You will be dropped off back at your hotel in the evening.
- Round trip transport in a comfortable minivan (with A/C)
- Pick up at your hotel (if in Paris), drop off in central Paris
- Fresh croissants on your way to the Loire valley and bottled water
- Audio guided visit of the Chambord Castle
- Guided visit of an award-winning winery of the region + tasting
- 3 course lunch paired with wine at a traditional, family-run estate
- Pick up at your hotel in central Paris.
- Please, make sure to be ready 15 minutes before the departure time of the tour
- Wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you.
- Most of the visits include a lot of stairs and no elevator to access the underground galleries.
- Please note that the schedule and the wineries visited are subject to minor changes depending on the season and on supplier availability.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of the booking
- Every day except Sundays
- Departure at 7.30am
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend a day enjoying two of Paris’s greatest sights as your local guide introduces you to the art, h...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...