VIP Catacombs Tour with Small Group, Skip the Line Tickets and Special Access
- Skip the line into the Paris Catacombs, the most-visited tourist site in Paris.
- Enjoy a VIP small group tour with only your guide and a maximum of 6 people.
- Visit areas of the Catacombs usually closed to the public, like a secret chapel!
The tour starts by skipping the long entrance lines to walk directly into the Catacombs. This vast, underground cemetery is composed of miles of underground tunnels lined with the skulls and the bones of some 6 million Parisians. With a local guide and a small group of only 6 people or fewer, you'll explore this unbelievable city of the dead where each room reveals ever more ornate and macabre bone decorations. Along the way you'll learn the story of how the catacombs were built and the massive project of moving bones from Paris’ cemeteries into these very tunnels. Your special-access status means the guards will also open gates just for you, so you can explore areas like a secret chapel decorated with skulls and femurs. Believe it or not, the Paris Catacombs are just as much a symbol of city at Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower. They contain bones representing some 2,000 years of history and their construction was a unique civil engineering project that helped give rise to the modern city. If you want to see a different and completely surprising side of the City of Lights, this is the perfect place to start.
- Skip the line access to Paris Catacombs
- Access to special areas of Paris Catacombs
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infant: Free of charge
Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
2 Avenue du Général Leclerc, 75014 Paris. Your guide will be waiting for you in front of the café main entrance.
- Unfortunately, the catacombs are not wheelchair or stroller accessible
- To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the Catacombs. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm will be accepted. Walks will is not responsible for entry denied due to large luggage. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and delay which may be caused by extra security checks
- Please note, the people who guard the Paris Catacombs consider women who are visibly pregnant to have a "mobility impairment" and therefore do not allow them to descend into the Catacombs. While we do not necessarily agree with this assessment, we have to respect their policies. If you are visibly pregnant we recommend that you do not take this tour and cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entrance
- The Catacombs have changed their admission policy to ensure that only 200 people are allowed inside at any given time. Although our tickets are pre-booked with skip the line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!)
- Please be advised that there are 130 steps to the Catacombs. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access. Those with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions should take this into consideration before booking this tour
- The Paris Catacombs tunnels are often wet and cool (14°C/57°F all year long). We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes
- Please note that there are neither toilets nor cloakroom facilities at the Catacombs.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Open Tuesday to Friday. Please refer to the calendar for the exact times depending on the season availability.
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
The full horror of 20th century industrialised warfare was nowhere more intense that in the Somme in...
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western...