Wine-day tour in Champagne from Paris
- Visit and tastings at 3 Champagne producers of different sizes with a total of 8 champagne tastings
- Learn how to pair food and wine in a Champagne house cellar
- English speaking and wine expert guide
- Small group of 8 persons maximum
- Spend a unique moment during a Masterclass in the heart of the vineyard (depending on weather conditions from April)
Discover the wonders and beauty of the Champagne region during this full-day winery tour from Paris. Visit and taste Champagnes from 3 different wineries, including a world-famous house such as Moet & Chandon, Mumm or Veuve Clicquot, as well as family owned Champagne estates. Become an expert on the art of crafting this bubbly drink as you wander through sprawling vineyards and enter cellars escorted by our english speaking and wine expert guide. Enjoy a gourmet lunch at a family-run winery. This small-group tour limited to just eight people includes round-trip transportation by air-conditioned minivan.
What's on the program:
By the end of this 11-hour day tour learning about the Champagne making processes, you’ll be able to answer: Where do the bubbles come from ? Is there a specific Champagne terroir? What is a Blanc de Blancs, a Blanc de Noirs? How is Champagne Rosé made? Do ‘Grands Crus’ and ‘Premiers Crus’ exist in Champagne?
Our english speaking & wine expert guide will pick you up in the early morning at your hotel in Paris and take you to the vineyard, approx. 90 minutes from the city. As you get there, you will enjoy freshly baked croissants while hearing an introduction on Champagne wines as well as funny anecdotes from our guide.
Start your day in style with the visit of one of the largest and world renowned Champagne houses, such as Moët & Chandon, Mumm or Veuve Clicquot (depending on availability). Walk down the cellars and discover the maze of galleries before enjoying one of their flagship cuvées. Get to know the secrets behind the Méthode Champenoise.
Back in your comfortable minivan, our guide will drive in the middle of the vineyards of Montagne de Reims, Cote des Blancs and Vallée de la Marne, between Reims, Ay and Epernay.As you admire the colorful landscapes, you will learn the difference between the three different Champagne grapes: chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier. Enjoy an amazing overview of Champagne’s vineyards during a Masterclass animated by your wine expert guide (depending on weather conditions from April). You will taste one special cuvee and learn each of its specificities. The Champagne tasting will not have any more secrets for you !
Push the doors of a family-run Champagne estate, where you’ll meet the owner and enjoy delicious traditional food, paired with different styles of Champagne.
Following lunch,have a walk through Hautvillers, a charming French village. Stop at the abbey where the Benedictine Monk Dom Perignon worked on the Champagne making process more than three hundred years ago.
Your tour will end by the visit of a family-run winery and depending on availability, see a sabrage (opening a bottle with a blade) or a dégorgement à la volée (pop open the bottle, shooting out Champagne). Here, you’ll get to taste authentic Champagnes produced in small quantities.
You’ll be dropped off back in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville) in the evening.
- Premium Pick up service at your hotel in Paris, Drop off in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville)
- Transportation in air conditioned minivan (8 seater)
- Croissants on your way to Champagne
- Visit and tasting at 3 different Champagne Houses with a total of 8 tastings
- Champagne and food pairing lunch
- Commented tasting by your wine expert guide in the heart of the vineyard (depending on weather conditions from April)
- Personal expenses
Departure from Paris
Pick-up at your accomodation in central Paris
- Wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you
- Most of the visits include a lot of stairs and no elevator to access the underground galleries
- Please note that the schedule and the wineries visited are subject to minor changes depending on the season and on supplier availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of the booking
- Every day except Sunday (before 1st of March, from Wednesdays to Saturdays)
Pick-up from your accomodation in Paris at 7.00am
Drop-off around 7.00pm in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville)
Who's never dreamt of discovering the Renaissance Castles and tasting the delicious wines from the L...
At Saint-Germain-des-Près, the fashion district "par excellence", discover all the trends for sweets...
Full day excursion by minibus from Paris to the Reims region, known the world over for the productio...
Meet at 9:15 am with Chef Dominique, our cooking teacher, in his apartment located at the border of ...
Cultival offers you an exploratory trip around Rungis Market (starting at 4.00 am from Denfert-Roche...
Discover the heart of Paris as Parisians know and live it. Walk through the medieval part of the Lat...
You love wine and cheese? Come taste a selection of French wines and cheeses in a 17th century wine ...
Experience a guided tour in the most energetic, colourful, lively and cosmopolitan market of Paris: ...
Hop aboard the Disneyland® Paris Express shuttle bus for a magical day out for the whole family. Enj...
Make your own wine in two hours in a beautiful 18th century wine cellar that once belonged to the Ki...