Bairrada, Baga and sparkling wine tour from Porto
- Explore Bairrada region, famous for its gastronomy and its characteristic Baga wine
- Walk around Aveiro, famous for its canals and typical boats, but also for Art Noveau and local pastries
- Taste the most typical sweet from Aveiro: the soft eggs
- Taste Bairrada roasted suckling pig, the typical Bairrada delicacy
- Visit Mealhada, the Mecca of the suckling pig in Portugal
- Visit the winery of Luis Pato and taste eight Bairrada wines
Your trip begins at Porto. You start moving South, towards the Bairrada region, famous for its gastronomy but also increasingly by the fantastic wines it produces with its characteristic variety: Baga. With this are produced sparkling huge fineness and high creaminess, as well as red wines of dark and concentrated aroma color.
The first stop will be in Aveiro. Here you will take a walk around the city famous for its canals and typical boats, but also for Art Noveau and local pastries. You will taste the most typical sweet from Aveiro, the soft eggs. You move on to the heart of the Bairrada region, where you will find the Aliança Underground Museum. You will visit the underground tunnels where all the art is stored and taste three awarded sparkling wines.
It's time to taste Bairrada roasted suckling pig, the typical Bairrada delicacy. For this, you will go to Mealhada, the Mecca of the suckling pig in Portugal. This is a unique opportunity to taste this dish at the most famous spot in the country (if you don’t like the sound of this, the tour provider can provide a different main dish).
To end your day you will visit the cellar owned by the man that personifies the Bairrada: Luis Pato! Here you will visit his winery and taste the delicious nectars. Then you return to Porto.
- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the centre of Porto
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning
- Visit to Aveiro and tasting of the most typical sweet of the city
- Visit to the Aliança Underground Museum and tasting of three Bairrada awarded sparkling wines
- Regional lunch in Mealhada with roasted suckling pig accompanied by wine from the region (there are alternatives if you don’t want suckling pig)
- Visit to Luis Pato winery and tasting of 8 Bairrada wines
- Food and drinks not specified in the Included field
- Infants 0-2 years old: free
- Children 3-11 years old: reduced
- Teenagers 12-17 years old: reduced
Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the centre of Porto
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information on the voucher after booking
- Comfortable shoes are recommended, and raincoat if it is raining
From Monday to Friday at 8.00am
Guided tour through Oporto, Capital of the North of Portugal and UNESCO World Heritage. Everything i...
This charming and unique region in the North of Portugal is defined by having been the first demarca...
Relax and enjoy Portugal's lush and green landscape of mountains, valleys and rivers. This unique to...
Enjoy a day trip to Viana do Castelo, the place where "sparkling green wine" is born; just come and ...
Get to know the North of Portugal, from the riverside to the wonderful beaches, from the spectacular...
Feel the essence of Porto on this walking tour that will give you the opportunity to explore the his...